Safe search?

Posted 10/26/2011 3:29 PM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12
Bullguard Safe search seems to be incompatible with Firefox 7.01, is this a Firefox or Bullguard issue and is there a fix for it? <br/> <br/>Thanks..
Posted 10/26/2011 4:07 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 261
At present I am using Firefox 7.0.1 on a Vista Home Premium 32bit computer with the latest version of BullGuard (120.0.199) <br/> <br/>Safe Search is working OK for me. <br/> <br/>There have been many posts on this issue in the recent past. Maybe Technical Support should look at it again.
Posted 10/26/2011 5:46 PM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Contacted live support and they say it's being looked at.
Posted 10/27/2011 4:43 AM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Hi RiK, <br/> <br/>Here is what I recommend: <br/> <br/>1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go to the add-on link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/ <br/>2. Use the Add to Firefox button to install the add-on, and click Allow when prompted. <br/>3. Open Firefox and go to Tools > Add-ons (Ctrl + Shift+ A shortcut). <br/>4. Go to extension and you will see a Compatibility checking will be enabled after a restart message, hit the Restart now button. <br/>5. Above the BullGuard Safe browsing extension you will have an option that "BullGuard Safe Browsing will be enabled after you restart Firefox/ <br/>6. Safe Browsing will now work properly. <br/> <br/>Hope this solve your issue :) .
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 10/27/2011 12:45 PM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I tried followed the instructions Robert, thanks for the info, but it still says "safe browsing incompatible with firefox 7.0.1" even though I enabled it. <br/> <br/>edit.. the safe search is apparently working now as there are green icons in the search results, but it still says that safe search is incompatible in the add ons list???
Posted 10/28/2011 1:20 AM

Advanced member

Rik, please be informed that the compatibility with Firefox 7.0.1 has been resolved and we have personally tested this. <br/> <br/>Try to reinstall BullGuard on your computer and let us know if you have any more problems. <br/> <br/>Edit: Did you try re-installing BullGuard like I said?
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 10/29/2011 2:21 PM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
safe browsing seems to be working OK now, as search results now have the green check mark symbol which says the site has not reported to have any threats when you point to it. It's just that in the add ons list , Firefox it still says that safe browsing is not compatible. is there any need to reinstall bullguard if it seems to be working?
Posted 10/29/2011 4:17 PM

Advanced member

No, I do not think that is necessary for now. Just make sure to always have the latest updates from BullGuard.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 1:25 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,967 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, ConcepcionJAbbate.
There are currently no users on-line.