Version 9 or is it Version 8.7???

Posted 4/3/2010 3:13 PM

Legion2010 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
A easy one ......... my current Bullguard subscription should be Version 9 :-) <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>............ My account shows my subscription as being Version 9. :-) :-) :-) <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>But the software on my PC shows (when you hover the mouse pointer over the Bullguard Logo on the taskbar) it as being BullGuard v8.7??? :nono: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Am I missing something? :cry: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Is something missing??? :shakehead: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Does anybody know :confused:
Posted 4/3/2010 8:01 PM

Virago Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 81
If you are still using V8.7 (sounds like you are) you can upgrade by following this guide <br/> <br/>http://www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides-90/upgrade.aspx <br/> <br/>If you leave things as they are, Bullguard may update to new version via automatic updates eventually, but I don't know when this will happen.
Posted 4/4/2010 11:00 AM

Mightec Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I notice from the manual upgrade instructions it is adviseable to remove the old version, restart the computer and then install the new version. My concern is if I am connected to the Internet, I am at risk? Is there away of doing an automatic upgrade without waiting for Bullguard to initiate the upgrade.
Regards
Mike
Posted 4/4/2010 5:30 PM

Virago Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 81
The easiest way to upgrade is to do it yourself by following the guide already given. It should only take a few minutes. Just make sure the new version is fully updated before you go back onto the internet. The new version looks completely different to the previous version by the way, you cannot really mistake it for V8.7
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 6:49 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,965 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.