Very high cpu usage after installing Bullguard

Posted 2/22/2017 12:54 PM

butty4 Member

Date Joined Feb 2017
Total Posts: 1
Hello.

i have windows vista, and i have installed yesterday Bullguard antivirus.

I have did nothing but my cpu usage has been burst to 95%

i checked the log of task manager and found that svchost is taking too much cpu resources.

I looked on google to resolve the problem and got this site in search result.

https://usefulpcguide.com/18385/svchost-exe...tsvcs-high-cpu/

I have did exact steps and my cpu usage has been reduced to 50%.

Still i think 50% cpu usage is too much ,i have installed only avast.

Dont know if it is the problem with bull guard or windows?

Any help would be so appreciated 

Posted 2/23/2017 4:57 AM

Alexi Member

Date Joined Feb 2017
There is may be a problem with that svchost, I think you system is checking for Windows updates in background and causes high cpu usage.
Posted 3/10/2017 11:00 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 626
Hello and welcome to our forum.

Please know that, even if having multiple security solutions on your computer should mean that you are better protected, in fact these programs conflict, leading to computer instability and sometimes leaving you without protection.

Uninstall either Avast or BullGuard, according to your preference.

Furthermore, because you are using a Vista Computer and because the high usage is 50% not 100% and the affected process is SVCHOST, I strongly recommend you download and run System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1540

This tool will take a long time to run, but it's normal, so let it complete the job. After you run the tool and restart your computer, make sure you visit Windows Update, search and install all and any security updates. That should be the end of the problems.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 4/12/2017 12:52 PM

sarwar90 Member

Date Joined Apr 2017
The svchost high cpu usage is mostly caused due to the PCs not being up to date or the viruses within the PC. Inorder to solve this problem you need to first scan your computer and see if there are any viruses within the system, and incase its all clear then you can download and instal the complete windows updates. This will hopefully solve your problem. https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-high-cpu-usage-by-svchost-exe-netsvcs/
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, July 28, 2017, 3:01 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,311 posts in 13,484 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 5 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,066 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MaxSlo.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.