BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bulldog bites !

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Bulldog bites !  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bulldog bites ! Printable version of : Bulldog bites !
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

lolipopx

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 1

Posted 9/4/2012 7:56 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bulldog bites !Alert an admin about: Bulldog bites !
I downloaded Bullguard trial version, allowed it to run the diagnostics and ironed out a couple of things.
Ran it for a couple of days and then one of those message windows popped up said something like "allowing access to a programme Bullguard trusts." I'd never heard of it.
Problems began immediately, it had allowed something into my system (Win 7 home premium) and was playing up!
I tried all antivirus and repair attempts then decided to do a "Recovery."
This worked and I carried on for a few hours. Just before I switched off I decided I didn't trust Bullguard and would un-install the whole package. Which I did, no problems.
That was the last thing before switching off, no other sites visited.
Upon restarting the next day, everything was fine untill I was 'asked' by windows for my password. Immediately the first character was entered the screen dimmed to about 1/3 brightness. Everything loaded but didn't look right? The tray at the bottom was now white, icons were missing for power and internet, the other hidden icons in the little box were missing completely!
Now the scary part; I can't access any recovery systems, I can't increase screen brightness (clicking the icon in Control Panel reveals an empty 'Brightness' container.
I ran Windows own anti virus which logged up 33 in about twenty minuets of checking. After closing the informing window the check continued. At the end there was no record of the 33 viruses? Never had that many ever, anyway!
Can't access the internet in safe mode or normal!
Still can't do a recovery without wiping personal data. Will copy what I can and do the bussiness on it.
Bullguard ? Bullshine more like!
Windows own Security Essentials has been a reliable workhorse, I'm only sorry I didn't stick with it before this!
Save your mone and a lot of hassle !

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 9/5/2012 8:39 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bulldog bites !Alert an admin about: Bulldog bites !
At which point did you contact the 24/7 support? May I have your ticket number please?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Bulldog bites ! Printable version of : Bulldog bites !

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:59 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,609 posts in 13,318 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36377 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Emma S.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
I definitely have Malware, I've tried everything I know how to do (2)9/20/2014 2:24:29 PM (Emma S)
Crackling Audio With Bullguard (8)9/20/2014 2:21:23 PM (Robert Mateescu)