BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore? Printable version of : Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 91

Posted 4/7/2010 4:46 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?Alert an admin about: Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?
I recently had reason to attempt a System Restore - I'm using Bullguard 9 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, by the way. Even if the System Restore is performed in Safe Mode and the PC also re-started afterwards in Safe Mode, Windows reports that a Bullguard file is preventing the System Restore from completing. This happens although Bullguard was closed down while the Restore Point was created, and the Bullguard services are temporarily prevented from starting after the System Restore using the Selective Startup function.

Has anyone using Bullguard with Windows 7 been successful in performing a System Restore, and if so how?

neilofnorton

Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/12/2010 12:34 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?Alert an admin about: Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?
I installed Bullguard 9 because updates were not being installed on 8. Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium
I was unable to install any updates over six day period
Always received a message "Update service disconnected unexpectadly"
Automatic updates were shown each day shortly after turning on the computer.
Whenever I tried to send an message to Bullguard or open one of theirs the screen would fade and seize up.
Then get a message Bullguard not responding.
Most frustrating period - been with Bullguard for over three years and never had any problem until installation of 9. I have installed and removed and reinstalled number 9 about three times.

I now find my printer will not work - icons disappeared- no printining whatosever.
HP all in one - tried to reinstall software - cannot. I tried to install another HP printer but no joy.

I have now tried to use system restore - tried four times - different restore points. Twice used dates before installation of 9.

Disconnected the various anti virus processes as per Bullguard instructions no effect .
Each time system resore could not be implemented because anti virus tools preventing it - even removing BULLGUARD completely came up with same message
ERROR CODE 0x80070005 shows up.

The most frustrating part of the process is the continual presence of "BULLGUARD NOT RESPONDING" and then knowing the computer is at a standstill till it disappears.

Why should the printer disappear ??

I

neilofnorton

Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/12/2010 1:43 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?Alert an admin about: Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?

I am not a new member. I had to reregister because Bullguard forum would not accept my user name or password. Bullguard was on my Evesham Computer many years ago and I have been trouble free on my four year old computer until now for the whole period.
I have advised you of my problem.
I placed my concerns in this thread because of the experience outlined by NorthPole in his thread.

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore? Printable version of : Bullguard 9 preventing Windows 7 System Restore?

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:30 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,601 posts in 13,318 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 9 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36357 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, davidgross.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (19)9/16/2014 5:21:49 AM (klimek69)
Cheap kitchens Milton Keynes (0)9/16/2014 4:50:19 AM (qilokoanto)
Kitchen For Sale St Albans (0)9/16/2014 2:50:38 AM (ShinHyemi12A)
Slow Performance Since Installing Bullguard (3)9/15/2014 12:41:35 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (5)9/13/2014 3:08:24 PM (Robert Mateescu)