BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail Printable version of : Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

bahlroguk

Date Joined Oct 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/26/2010 1:04 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
Hi
Have been sucessfully running Bullguard on Win7 for about 3 weeks with Live Mail. Last week Live Mail was updated to the 2011 version. This is where the problems started, Live Mail would not start. Eventually after turning different things off narrowed it down to the Spamfilter, if this is enabled whilst WLM is open WLM will close with the "serious problem" dialogue. Have searched for a solution and have discussed this with Bullguard support at length, uninstalling WLM, Bullguard rebooting etc. Even running WLM in compatibility mode. I haven't found anyone else with this error and supports only answer now after providing a 62M stack dump is to login remotely which I am on overly keen on. Am currently running with Spamfilter disabled and WLM 2011. Just wondering if there are any other suggestions or possible solutions. Have even managed to get the previous version of WLM installed which works fine.

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 99

Posted 10/26/2010 1:56 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
Well, that seems another good reason to keep away from WLM 2011! I'd already heard that it has no spell-checker, does not support stationery, and requires the old WLM to be uninstalled with possible loss of stored emails. But of course it will be necessary for the BullGuard spamfilter to work with it, as many WLM users will have already updated.

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 10/27/2010 7:35 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
Hey guys,

This a known issue, but a fix was already released last week. Please make sure that your BullGuard application is up to date. If the issue persists, i will advice you to upgrade to BullGuard 10 and get back to us with the result.

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

bahlroguk

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 10/27/2010 1:03 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
I am running Bullguard 10 and I still have the same issue with Bullguard Spamfilter and Live Mail 2011. This was one of the early suggestions from support.

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/27/2010 1:41 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
Can you tell me the ticket number of your interactions with the Support Team, to check all the details?

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

bahlroguk

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 10/27/2010 5:59 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
Alin
Thanks for the reply, the ticket number is #TMX-12433-873. The final post requested contact via Bullguard live chat and connecting remotely to my machine, which I am reluctant to permit.
Many thanks

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/27/2010 8:36 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
I have forwarded the information sent to our Technical Department. They will analyze your case and get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please can you reconfirm that you have checked the "Run this program as an administrator" as well when you made the compatibility mode tweak?

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

bahlroguk

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 10/27/2010 9:00 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard crash Windows Live MailAlert an admin about: Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail
Yes, ran program as XP SP3 compatibility mode and run as admin for all users, made no difference at all.

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail Printable version of : Bullguard crash Windows Live Mail

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, November 28, 2014 7:47 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,785 posts in 13,355 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 6 new threads and 10 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36862 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, RonnieLevin14.
7 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Amazon infected download (4)11/27/2014 7:01:09 PM (doughboii)
Is there a future for the Forum? (7)11/27/2014 3:26:01 PM (Dickens)
"Backup" did not complete due to error 102 (0)11/26/2014 11:29:09 PM (newfree)
New user having problems (2)11/26/2014 9:28:17 PM (Diski)
Cheap K i tchens UK (0)11/26/2014 4:18:09 PM (tongsampahooho)