BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard internet security Firewall settings

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Bullguard internet security Firewall settings  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard internet security Firewall settings Printable version of : Bullguard internet security Firewall settings
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Br!t!ShGaMeR

Date Joined Jun 2014
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/19/2014 10:47 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard internet security Firewall settingsAlert an admin about: Bullguard internet security Firewall settings
Bullguard internet security Firewall Advanced settings --> send allowed and denied programs to Bullguard for analysis keeps ticking itself on after a reboot of the system why ? <-- This I personally Untick because it's my business alone nobody else's what i choose to do with my computer and programs not Bullguards / I kinda find this a sneaky tactic by Bullguard. Personally i wish for this to be taken off by Bullguard as it's of no use to us the customer and what use is it of Bullguards yes I'm entitled to know why your requesting this data because it's a concern of Privacy. The main ? is why does it re-tick itself after reboot of the system when unticked by me in the first instance. ?

Perfectly legit ?

Regards
NEW Tech savvy customer been on the web 15 Years Surfing the world...

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 6/24/2014 6:00 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard internet security Firewall settingsAlert an admin about: Bullguard internet security Firewall settings
Hello Br!t!ShGaMeR,

The reason for adding the "send allowed and denied programs to Bullguard for analysis" is quite simple, namely it allows our users to contribute to their security, by allowing our developers to build a better list of known(trusted applications) versus unknown (potentially unwanted) applications. Other companies like Microsoft or Mozilla, have the same option in the form of "allow the application to send logs to the developers".

Whether you want to participate to this or not is, of course, entirely up to our users, which is why the option can be unchecked. The fact that the option is once again checked when you restart the computer is a reported bug and it will be fixed.

Thank you for your feedback!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 99

Posted 6/24/2014 2:36 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard internet security Firewall settingsAlert an admin about: Bullguard internet security Firewall settings
I can confirm that 'non-persistent unchecking' of this option also happens on my computer (BIS Ver.14.1.281.3, Windows 7 x64).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 6/25/2014 3:51 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard internet security Firewall settingsAlert an admin about: Bullguard internet security Firewall settings
Thank you NorthPole! Yes, it's a bug and it will be fixed in a soon to be released update.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard internet security Firewall settings Printable version of : Bullguard internet security Firewall settings

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:38 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,770 posts in 13,350 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 8 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36820 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, clairebutler.
7 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Jual Kitchen Set (0)11/22/2014 1:35:38 AM (ayoayo)
Will the problems never end? (4)11/21/2014 8:06:59 AM (Deb1957)
Bgscan parameters (4)11/20/2014 7:17:53 PM (janis)
Is there a future for the Forum? (4)11/19/2014 8:31:27 PM (Dickens)