BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck Printable version of : Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

jon777

Date Joined Nov 2012
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/24/2012 12:07 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
Yesterday I was given a tool to fix this problem that didn't work so I got on live chat & asked why. Here's what happened. A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck.

Your chat number is 211-18434029-0211
Mihaela: Hello, welcome to BullGuard Live Support! Sorry, but there will be a bit of waiting time. Please hold, and I will come back to you in a few minutes.
Jon: I am still seeing a red shield signifying that Bullguard & Windows Firewall are turned off. I reported this 2 days ago & was instructed to dpwnload clearwmirep.zip which clearly has not solved the problem
Mihaela: What operating system are you using please?
Jon: Vista
Mihaela: Here is a guide that will show you how to turn off the notifications: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-security-center-popup-notifications-in-windows-vista/
Jon: I knopw how to turn it on! I am concerned that it keeps saying it's off. It is annoying me & considering I am on a trial I thought you might want to try & resolve the issue.
Mihaela: I am afraid that this is only a bug from Security Center which sometimes does not recognize BullGuard as being opened, but you can rest assured that if you see the BullGuard icon in the system tray, you are protected.
Mihaela: BullGuard is not off
Jon: I do not want to turn off windows notification. I want Bullguard to tell me why this problem persists & why it cant be fixed.
Jon: I want to know why I was told to download a fix that does not work
Mihaela: The fix was supposed to disable the notification as well
Jon: Well that is a cop out. I am not convinced
Jon: I am using a trial & there is no phone support & this issue that has never been fixed. Why would I ever consider buying Bullcrap if they cant fix a sinple bug that has been present for so long. Kaspersky would have fixed this & so would Norton. Please tell me why should I continue to use Bullguard.
Mihaela: The bug is in the Security Center and not in BullGuard application. BullGuard works just fine. And it is your decision is you want to continue with BullGuard or not
Jon: This bug is only affecting Bullguard. I have used Norton 360 & Kaspersky. No problems whatsoever. No need to even phone them. No wast of time typing for hours instead of talking.
Jon: I don't believe it is a bug.
Jon: This is what you are told by your managers
Jon: If it does not affect other security software then it's a problem Bullguard need to solve.
Jon: Please get me a manager if you can't answer.
Mihaela: Please be informed the notification is displayed in the Security Center only. If you will open BullGuard you will see that all is fonctioning correctly
Mihaela: If there were any problems BullGuard would have stated a clear error message
Jon: If you were driving a new car & the petrol light kept indicating you were out of petrol you would get fed up with it wouldn't you!
Jon: What the hell is wrong with bullguard. Why can you fix it???
Jon: If Kaspersky can sort it & Norton can sort it why can't Bullguard?
Mihaela: This type of notification is displayed for other security programs as well
Jon: Sorry but this is untrue because I have used their trials & paid for them the last 2 years.
Mihaela: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time Jon?
Jon: Norton was fine before I tried you lot
Jon: I am asking you a question
Jon: I also asked for a manager
Mihaela: I am the supervisor Jon.
Jon: So why don't Bul;lguard fix the problem
Mihaela: The issue stands in the Security Center and not in BullGuard applications. The only thing you can do is to disable the notification. BullGuard has contacted Microsoft but the issue is unresolved on their side.
Jon: Clearly nobody at Bullguard thinks this is a problem.
Mihaela: It is your decision if you want to disable the notification or not.
Jon: Tell me why Kaspersky & Norton do not have this problem but Bullguard does?
Mihaela: You should have to ask them. As mentioned above: BullGuard has contacted Microsoft but the issue is unresolved on their side.
Mihaela: Please check this link for more info on this issue: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-security/windows-security-center-does-not-detect-the-third/cf5d83fb-cb28-43ae-af52-8363d1426b55
Jon: I do not own Bullguard. you work for them & you cant answer a simple question
Mihaela: Please open the above link and read the article.
Jon: I have read that on the forum before I contacted you
Mihaela: It will prove you what I said above.
Mihaela: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time Jon?
Jon: It's a Windows XP problem
Jon: I am using Vista
Mihaela: It applies to all operating systems Jon
Jon: Maybe you should read it yourself
Jon: BULLCRAP!
Jon: Kaspersky it is then
Jon: I wondfer how long this will l;ast when I stick it on the forum
Mihaela: Please use a respectfull language otherwise this chat will end.
Jon: You are copping out anyway
Mihaela: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time?
Jon: You are unable to fix what others consider a problem
Jon: You still have not answered
Mihaela: Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need more assistance or information.
Mihaela: Thank you for using our Live Support service! Good-bye!
This Live Chat session is no longer active

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 11/24/2012 2:06 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
I can confirm that this is a Microsoft issue that affects Windows XP, Vista and 7.

As long as you are confident that your real-time internet security is enabled and regularly updated it is a simple matter of turning off your operating system's security monitoring application. BullGuard will then inform you if you have any problems with your AV protection.

I have noticed that sometimes, maybe after installing Windows Updates, the Windows Ssecurity settings will default and will require turning off again.

Incidently, try Googling 'Windows Security Center does not recognise Kaspersky/Norton'. You will find plenty of posts that show that this issue does affect other antivirus programmes.

:-)

Post Edited (Dickens) : 11/24/2012 11:21:26 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 11/24/2012 2:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
Hello Jon,

I am sorry to see that the issue was not resolved using the Clear Windows Management Instrumentation Repository(ClearWMIRep) tool Mihaela gave you.

Just as a note, Kaspersky has the same issue: http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t219396.html This is not a problem with BullGuard alone. This is a problem that can happen in a particular configuration with a particular security suite, regardless of the brand.

There are still a few things that you can try, in order to correct the issue. You can try to run CCleaner and remove old registry keys. This sometimes proves to be an error caused by incorrect uninstall of other security suites.
You can also try a SFC /SCANNOW command from an elevated Command Prompt window, to see if there are any files missing from your Vista that are creating issues.
Installing BullGuard again may solve the inconsistency, but only after the above steps.

If you check the notes from this post you will see that Microsoft also says that you can disable the notifications if you have a security suite that is not detected correctly: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-Windows-Security-Center

The solution and decisions are always in your hands. We can always only advise.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

jon777

Date Joined Nov 2012

Posted 11/24/2012 3:21 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
Andrea, Why did Mihaela not offer the solutions you have come up with?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 11/24/2012 5:54 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
I understand that you are upset.
If you want to make a complaint, you can use feedback@bullguard.com and your message will reach management.

All the best!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

jon777

Date Joined Nov 2012

Posted 11/24/2012 5:56 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
I don't want to make a complaint. I just asked a question.

Post Edited (jon777) : 11/24/2012 2:57:29 PM GMT

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 11/24/2012 6:55 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
jon777,

I am sure you will appreciate that solving computer issues is not an exact science.

Different people, even experts will have different ideas as to how a particular issue should be dealt with and a degree of patience may be required before a solution is reached.

That is why a good forum can be so valuable.

With regards to your issue; as I wrote before, I have experienced 'false' warnings from Microsoft advising me that my computers are not protected.
In my case I had not previously used any other antvirus programme before installing BullGuard. It is very often the case that Windows will not recognise a third-party antivirus programme. This issue is not unique to BullGuard - my quick bit of further research has shown the issue to be prevalent in Avast, AVG, Norton, Kaspersky and Mcaffee to name just five.

I have to assume that Microsoft are quite happy for these warnings to remain - they have an interest in encouraging you to use their own AV system.

As long as your own AV programme, is properly installed, enabled and updated you can switch off the warnings.

Every question can have a few answers.
:-)

Post Edited (Dickens) : 11/24/2012 3:59:27 PM GMT

kevinaktiffiso

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/25/2012 1:11 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
Hi Jon Im upset too because i see another bug especially on Windows 8 and i dont recibe good support from another person like Andrea Ostache who always solve my problems. I dont Know what happen whith others who dont give remote asistence or give answers more credible (creible) (im speak spanish). I understand your preocupation (upset) and more, because im in the same situation, you can see my post on costumer fórum, i have two years of licence, and my bug not are too simple like yours. I have to tell you i see that bug whith bullguard on vista, and whith comodo for one time, and whith kaspersky or Gdata, the Windows security center says it not active. I think you can trust in bullguard (im not contradic me) you can test the security of your machine whith eicar test. bullguard are very solid product, no crash, no false positives and function well the most time. I coment you GDATA skip his own files  in the transition from one to another versión, kaspersky never ends the rootkits scaner (Please solve this bug on bullguard read my post please), Bitdefender detects his own signatures like viruses and affter skip it, avast dont clean doublé compresed files, mse  one time detects chrome like virus, there are horrible bugs. In your chase test your security on eicar test, it not damange your computer and you always can see the alerts from bullguard firewall  and bullguard tuneup and bullguard vulnerabilities. Im paranoic user and these things always make me angry and sad. I dont know what happen whith Mihaela, she always gives good support, and are too patient, if i (i dont work for bullguard) give you support I test the security suite for you in a sandbox and guaranted you are protected, but i dont give support. Please man calm down, i know its too hard. Comodo are worst his leak test infects my machine and the only solution was format. In my experience i can tell you bullguard have bugs, but less bugs in comparation to others, bullguard have the signatures of bitdefender the nova shield and agnitum firewall and secunia, its a great product, but the really important thing are you feel secure if you want another product who gives this sensation you are free, like me i preffer use Windows defender  mientras (spanish) they solve the bug of rootkits on demand. Ok im indecisous but  i continue trust in bullguard and the important thing are you trust in what they give you motives to trust. If you dont trust in bullguard ok, i dont trust on kasper or gdata or avast but i can say you whith all security (Decirte con total confianza) bullguard are a great and superior product, i hope my words are  helpful have nice day

kevinaktiffiso

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/25/2012 1:17 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buckAlert an admin about: Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck
Jon i forgot i install bullguard on seven xp and 8 and dont see your problema, maybe its vista problem and you know how many problems have whith vista

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck Printable version of : Bullguard supervisor telling lies A case of avoiding the issue & passing the buck

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 02, 2014 2:32 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,585 posts in 13,313 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36299 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Mercedes Ripple.
2 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (3)8/31/2014 11:20:08 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Blocking of sites (5)8/31/2014 6:53:45 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (15)8/30/2014 12:06:05 PM (ComFox)