BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Files skipped by scan

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Files skipped by scan  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Files skipped by scan Printable version of : Files skipped by scan
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

arisma

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/8/2008 2:27 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Files skipped by scanAlert an admin about: Files skipped by scan
every time i do a full computer scan, it misses out quite a few files! this worries me becuse i'm not sure if the scan is also skipping infections? i don't have any other programs running at the time of the scan. if anyone could shed some light as to what actions i should take, it will be much appreciated! thanks.

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 7/9/2010 8:33 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Files skipped by scanAlert an admin about: Files skipped by scan
Hello arisma and welcom to BG smile

Please run a complete scan, post the log it produce, and I´ll look to it.

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 7/23/2010 3:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Files skipped by scanAlert an admin about: Files skipped by scan
Let me kindly inform you that the cause of a file being reported as skipped in the BullGuard scan can be one of the following:
1. The file is encrypted and, therefore, cannot be accessed.
2. The file is protected with a password.
3. Another application blocks the file. For example, other spyware removal programs (such as Spybot-Search&Destroy) can block a file if it is infected to keep your computer protected.
4. Some of the files use by the operating system cannot be accessed, being protected against external access.

Rest assured that skipped files do not represent a threat to your system because, except the ones used within the operating system, they don't have access to your computer's resources.

Do not hesitate to get back to us if you need more assistance or information.

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGUard

New Topic Post reply to : Files skipped by scan Printable version of : Files skipped by scan

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 02, 2014 12:23 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,585 posts in 13,313 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36302 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MicheleStewart.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (3)8/31/2014 11:20:08 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Blocking of sites (5)8/31/2014 6:53:45 PM (Robert Mateescu)