BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
If you got Bullguard installed

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > If you got Bullguard installed  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : If you got Bullguard installed Printable version of : If you got Bullguard installed
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Dahottie

Date Joined Mar 2012
Total Posts : 3

Posted 3/6/2012 5:46 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: If you got Bullguard installedAlert an admin about: If you got Bullguard installed
If you got Bullguard installed and want to use CD and upgrade 1 year use of Bullguard.
You need to uninstall Bullguard and use CD to install it again what a bummer.
2ed i got new password but dosent work so again you need to uninstall Bullguard to get it to work.
so i was told by online live chat Admin.
nono nono nono nono nono nono nono nono nono
Can't say it's Userf-riendly

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 3/8/2012 3:00 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: If you got Bullguard installedAlert an admin about: If you got Bullguard installed
Welcome to our forum Dahottie.

We are very sorry that renewing your subscription did not go as well as you expected. However, please allow me to point out a few things.

You do not have to reinstall BullGuard on your computer to upgrade your subscription. The subscription only activates the program, for as long as it is valid.
If you were advised to install using the CD, it can only be for one of the two reasons below:

1. You have purchased a special build of BullGuard (this was valid in previous versions of BullGuard that were launched on CD).
OR
2. The CD was for the latest version of BullGuard, in which case the program on your computer would have been upgraded.

In order to recover your password you can use this form and only this form: /www.bullguard.com/password-recovery.aspx
While it may be an inconvenience for some of our users, you surely realize that BullGuard offers online Backup space for it's users, thus making it imperative to us to protect our users privacy. It is for this reason that you can only reset your password, by using that form.

I am afraid that you did not gave us your chat number, so I can not read your conversation with my colleagues to comment it, but you do not need to uninstall BullGuard to relogin to it.

On a side note, I will kindly ask you not to spam the forum with the same message three times. I assure you that one post does the trick with us.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 08-03-2012 00:44:02 GMT

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 96

Posted 4/10/2012 7:52 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: If you got Bullguard installedAlert an admin about: If you got Bullguard installed
Although I have noted the points made in Andreea-Luciana's reply, it does seem that it is no longer possible to renew an existing Bullguard subscription using the licence key from a CD, which has previously been possible for as long as I have used Bullguard (I've just tried to renew, but entering a code in the on-line 'Activate' dialogue for my account resulted in an error message). Can Support confirm whether or not this is the case; and if it is still possible to use a CD key, how is this entered on-line?

EDIT: I've just found how - it's in the program's Settings | Account | Submit Licence Key dialogue (although it only seems to allow a new key to be entered within 30 days of the current one's expiry).

Post Edited (NorthPole) : 10-04-2012 17:52:04 GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 4/14/2012 8:35 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: If you got Bullguard installedAlert an admin about: If you got Bullguard installed
This is not the case. Either you miss-typed the key by mistake, which is possible because the keys that are printed on a CD are not always in the best character set, or you tried to activate your key when our site was down for maintenance.

The link for activating keys is: /www.bullguard.com/login.aspx?returnUrl=%2factivate.aspx
Note: To access this link from the site you go to Support > Payment guides > scroll down the Window till you reach the Activation of BullGuard section > Activate Your Product Online

You can always activate your key using the BullGuard program as well. The instructions are different, depending on the version, but since we do not troubleshoot issues from previous version and we always advise our users to upgrade, I will only post the instructions for BullGuard 12:

Open BullGuard, click on Settings and click on Account. There you have a License-Key field and a Submit button.

We have a lot of information on our site and not everything can be posted big and bold. There is a compromise to be made between functionality and design, especially now when we have three types of displays (old computers 4:3 format with 1024pixel width resolution, laptops with 1280 resolution 16:9 format and nice big computers that sell with big and wide screens).

I said it once and I will say it again. We understand every point and every point is taken into consideration when we build our product and our site. We have a product that is designed to meet the needs and desires of the "End user", which means that even one person can make a difference. Keep your feedback coming :) .

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 14-04-2012 05:38:51 GMT

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 96

Posted 4/18/2012 11:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: If you got Bullguard installedAlert an admin about: If you got Bullguard installed
Well, I can only say that when I entered the new CD key more than 30 days before expiry of my current subscription, I had an error message specifically stating I could not use it until 30 days before expiry; and on entering it later within 30 days it was accepted!

New Topic Post reply to : If you got Bullguard installed Printable version of : If you got Bullguard installed

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 24, 2014 6:31 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,693 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 27 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36551 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, 270bajigur.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (25)10/24/2014 7:49:17 AM (Touch)