BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone Printable version of : Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

JoseJavaho

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/13/2013 12:40 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr PhoneAlert an admin about: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone
I have a very basic question before I buy a phone.
Is it possible to install BullGuard on an Android razr Maxx phone that is already rooted?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 1/13/2013 10:42 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr PhoneAlert an admin about: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone
Please allow me to inform you that the operating system on a device translates human commands into machine language and vice versa. This is why the operating system determines whether and application is or is not compatible with a device.
Rooted phones have different versions of the operating system, but most applications still run the same. However, we can offer no guarantees that BullGuard will work on the operating system that you chose to install on it.

I recommend that you read this article as well, to learn more about what rooting a phone means:
androidforums.com/faqs/617220-youve-went-rooted-phone-now-what.html

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

axxo1

Date Joined Aug 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/25/2013 5:41 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr PhoneAlert an admin about: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone
Sounds to me as though you don't recommend it after all.

At least this is the impression I was given.

J.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 8/25/2013 11:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr PhoneAlert an admin about: Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone
If the user changes the operating system, no matter how similar it may be to the original one, there will still be differences that may affect the program. Although it is true that the program may work without a problem as well, without proper testing and verifications no one can offer guarantees, therefore we can only recommend the use of the program the way it was built to work, for the platforms it was built to work on.

Best regards,

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 13

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone Printable version of : Installing BullGuard on a rooted Android razr Phone

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, September 20, 2014 2:58 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,607 posts in 13,318 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36377 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Emma S.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
I definitely have Malware, I've tried everything I know how to do (1)9/19/2014 6:47:25 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (8)9/17/2014 12:44:35 PM (Robert Mateescu)
This Connection is Untrusted (7)9/17/2014 12:02:41 PM (Robert Mateescu)