BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
My laptop is dying, what is my problem?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > My laptop is dying, what is my problem?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : My laptop is dying, what is my problem? Printable version of : My laptop is dying, what is my problem?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

lisasctt4

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/3/2011 12:18 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: My laptop is dying, what is my problem?Alert an admin about: My laptop is dying, what is my problem?
My laptop is around 3 years old now and hasn't failed me once (apart from 2 separate problems: screen breaking and hard drive died).
But now in the past month my laptop is loading everything at about half or worse than before, like now it took around 1 minute 20 seconds to load this screen. The only noticeable change i've had on my laptop is, I changed my anti virus to bullguard as my Norton had run out but about 2 weeks ago after installing it is now dying, this might not be the problem.
The past couple of days have been ridiculous I can't seem to do anything anymore, it takes 20+ minutes to watch a 3 minute video on youtube, even though before I could watch it in HD at the time it was being watched with no stops.
Although it might not be my laptop with the problem, it could be my internet provider which has only had 1 other problem of being down for 4 days, AOL.

Any help would go very appreciated
(BTW, my hard drive C: is at 29GB left (of 117GB)
and D: is 63.3GB left of 113GB
In case this helps at all)

avast Coupon

Post Edited (lisasctt4) : 8/31/2013 12:08:42 AM GMT

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 348

Posted 10/4/2011 10:27 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: My laptop is dying, what is my problem?Alert an admin about: My laptop is dying, what is my problem?
Hi there,

In order to check if the problem is BullGuard related and, if so, which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue, here is what I recommend:

1. Double-click on the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and open the application.
2. Click on the Antivirus button twice and turn off the On-Access Protection, by clicking on the top button (the one that says Antivirus is active).
3. Check if the issue persists.
4. Click on the Firewall button twice and turn off that plugin, by clicking on the top button (the one that says Firewall is active).
5. Test if the problem is still there.
6. Click on the Spamfilter button twice and disable the plugin, by clicking on the top button (the one that says Spamfilter is active).
7. Check if the problem persists.
8. Click on the Gaming button twice and turn it off , by clicking on the top button (the one that says Game monitor is active).
9. Check if the problem persists.
10. Right-click the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and select "Close".
11. Test if the problem is still there.

Also, very important, I recommend that after taking these steps you re-enable BullGuard from the Start > All Programs list and turn back on the Antivirus, Spamfilter and Firewall plugins, for your machine's protection.

Let me know if the problem si caused by BullGuard, and, if so, by what exact plugin.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : My laptop is dying, what is my problem? Printable version of : My laptop is dying, what is my problem?

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, December 21, 2014 8:02 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,822 posts in 13,360 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36997 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MosQuiTos007.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads