BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521?? Printable version of : Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Astroccd

Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 3

Posted 9/7/2010 6:29 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??Alert an admin about: Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??
Hi

I don't know whether or not the firewall is causing me a problem with some other software that I am trying to install and configure on the PC and not being a firewall expert, I need some guidance.

I am trying to install Oracle database software (version 11gR2) and am noticing that the SQL*Net software isn't working i.e. to connect to the database. This listens to tcp/ip on port 1521. Now all of the client and database software is on the same PC: could the firewall be blocking the tcp/ip traffic on this port and if so how can I test it and correct it without leaving my PC vulnerable?

I realise that this is a very specific question about Oracle software and a possible interaction with the firewall and forum members here probably aren't familiar with Oracle software but the gist of the interaction is that part of the database Listener service is that it will listen on a port (1521 here) for tcp/ip network connections from Oracle client software. I am not sure that the Oracle forums will be able to help me test and correct the problem if it is an interaction with the Bullguard firewall but someone here may be able to.

Can anyone shed any light or provide any pointers?

Many thanks for the assistance

Pete

Tavi
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 170

Posted 9/27/2010 4:29 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??Alert an admin about: Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??
Hello Pete,

Please note that you can add the port to a specific application in the Application Rules or make an altogether new rule in the Advanced Rules. You can read more about how you can make such changes in our Firewall overview section.

Cheers,

Octavian Arvunescu
Senior Support Technician

Please read the forum rules before posting

Try BullGuard here

New Topic Post reply to : Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521?? Printable version of : Possible problem with Firewall interfering with tcp/ip on port 1521??

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 31, 2014 2:51 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,717 posts in 13,336 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36605 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, wayahpanas.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Cheap Kitchens Newcastle (0)10/31/2014 11:45:29 AM (wayahpanas)
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (19)10/30/2014 6:35:00 PM (LeoK)
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (35)10/28/2014 7:50:29 PM (Deb1957)