BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12 Printable version of : Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Mike021

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 8

Posted 11/2/2011 1:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
B/G will not update to Ver12 from Ver10 I get the following messages
Could not start B/G update service error 0x41d
Could not start B/G file monitoring service error 0x42c
B/G main service not running contact support
I have been in touch with support for 5 days now ( 40 e-mails ) and have uninstalled,reinstalled,deleted various programs and run malware programs without any progress
I have had at least 10 different team members from the online support and also been in touch with live chat
This problem is on a netbook running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 bit O/S on my PC running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 all ran well with the upgrade and I took part in the Beta testing
This has become very frustrating has any one any idea how to move forward and install Ver12 and what do the error codes mean as no one has mentioned these from online support although they have all the details, twice

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 11/2/2011 1:24 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
BullGuard V12 seems to have been released before a number of issues had been fixed.

Maybe it's time to try an alternative internet security provider?

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 297

Posted 11/2/2011 9:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hi there,

The errors reported by Mike come as a package and seems to be caused by BullGuard not being able to write some register keys due to either lack of permissions or denial of access.
Please try this workaround:
1. Uninstall BullGuard and reboot in normal mode.
2. In an elevated cmd type sfc /scannow and press enter. Allow the scan to finish.
3. Follow this guide in order to reset the register permissions: bullguard.com/support/tech-guides/how-to-reset-registry-permissions.aspx .
4. Reboot your PC.
5. Reinstall BullGuard.

Let me know if your issue still persists.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Mike021

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/2/2011 9:24 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hi Robert

Thanks for your reply but I am afraid this is a bit above my knowledge base with computers
Could not someone from support help me out here although you see from previous posting That I have been in touch with Support for over 5 days

Thanks

Mike

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 11/2/2011 11:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hi Mike,

Start a new chat with our support team and provide the supporter with the link for this page.
Rest assured, we will further assist you.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Mike021

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/3/2011 2:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Good morning Robert

I am afraid that your workaround did not work

I did as you instructed but B/G ver 12 did not install correctly and I had the same error messages as before

I have restored my Pc and am back at square one with B/G ver 10

Mike

Mike021

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/9/2011 11:14 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Thanks Robert

Now all done and I hope not too long 'till fix is available

Hope you enjoyed your short vacation

Mike

Mike021

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/18/2011 1:19 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hi again B/G

I have tried again today to update from ver10 to ver 12 but I still get the same error messages that I mentioned on the Nov 2

Robert mentioned that you are trying to find a fix for this problem in his reply of Nov 3

Has a fix been found yet?

Mike

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 11/19/2011 12:39 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hi Mike,

Here is what you need to do:
1. Uninstall BullGuard without keeping settings.
2. Reboot your PC.
3. Run a disk cleanup tool.
4. Install BullGuard. When the error pops, contact our Support team (it is very important that you don't press the OK button when the error is reported).
5. A member of our team will remotely connect to your PC and assist you.

A new installation kit will be uploaded on our website soon. I will let you know when this is done.

/Robert

Robert Mateescu
Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Mike021

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/19/2011 1:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hi Robert

I am afraid that I am unable to contact support as B/G is frozen when I reach the point where all the error messages are shown

If you try to restart the computer it just freezes and nothing works and you have a blank screen, the only way forward is to restart in safe mode and restore the computer to an earlier time before the attempt to update B/G tover12

I will have to await the new installation kit

Mike

Mike021

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 1/11/2012 4:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hi Robert

Glad to say that B?G has now updated to ver !2

Mike

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 1/12/2012 1:17 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12Alert an admin about: Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12
Hello Mike,

I am very glad to hear that :)

All the best in 2012!

Robert Mateescu
Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Post Edited (Robert Mateescu) : 11-01-2012 22:56:53 GMT

New Topic Post reply to : Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12 Printable version of : Problems updating from Ver10 to Ver12

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, October 01, 2014 7:25 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,627 posts in 13,327 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36453 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MervinArmstrong.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard antivirus offline (0)10/1/2014 5:08:09 AM (Sabuz Ahmed)