BullGuard
Close
00: 00: 00: 00
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Close
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level Printable version of : Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

BigRock

Date Joined Nov 2013
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/17/2013 4:23 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin levelAlert an admin about: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level
Does Bullguard IS 2014 allow me to schedule an automated Antivirus scan task through my windows admin account or at an administrative (SYSTEM) rights level such that the task applies to all windows account users on the system?

E.g., on my Win7 SP1 32 bit system, I have 4 windows users accounts: 1 admin, 1 standard, 2 limited user (children) accounts
Can I somehow define a daily antivirus quick scan through Bullguard and expect to have that scan occur on the system at the daily specified time regardless of which user account is actively logged on?

My current experience suggests that this is not possible, and that I instead have to define the identical Bullguard antivirus scan task within each individual windows user account. So, in this scenario, I am defining the task 4 times rather than once at either the windows admin level or at a secure application level (i.e., vis-a-vis a password protected feature). Is this correct?

BigRock

Date Joined Nov 2013

Posted 11/30/2013 2:33 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin levelAlert an admin about: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level
To answer my own question:

While Bullguard lets you specify a scheduled antivirus scan task, that task is associated with your active Windows user profile. If you are not logged on as that user when the task is scheduled to execute, then that task will not execute.

So if you want your Bullguard AV scan tasks to run according to schedule regardless of which user is logged on,
then you have 2 options:
a) Log on to each user Windows account, and from within each account run Bullguard and define the same AV scan task.

b) Use Windows Task Scheduler (in Administrator Mode) to create a scheduled task that calls Bullguard's on-demand scanner (BgScan.exe)

If you are interested in knowing what BgScan parameters I used for the scan task defined in option (b), let me know and I can post what I specified.

BigRock

Date Joined Nov 2013

Posted 11/30/2013 10:35 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin levelAlert an admin about: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level
I should clarify that as a trial user, I do not view this issue to be a show stopper.

Admin-based av task management is a personal convenience feature that I look for in these products, so I was somewhat surprised and slightly irritated that it is not present in Bullguard.

But it is not a deal breaker; and if all you ever need are the 2 predefined av scan tasks from Bullguard (Full scan, Quick scan), then accessing all of your system's user accounts to set up the same scan schedule through Bullguard is no great hardship. Annoying yes, but no means a hardship.

rozermartin

Date Joined Oct 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 12/16/2013 1:43 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin levelAlert an admin about: Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level
Well I think that a scan automated from administrator account can easily be controlled on that account itself. Depends on the authorization level you provide with those other users account.

New Topic Post reply to : Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level Printable version of : Question about Automated scan tasks at the Windows Admin level

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:16 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,372 posts in 13,275 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 8 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35782 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, g4naass.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Internet connection intermittent (13)4/23/2014 6:14:10 PM (wafu)
Safe Results while surfing no longer show (16)4/23/2014 5:38:33 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)
Slowed internet browsing (3)4/23/2014 5:26:48 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)
Computer unresponsive. (Registry Issues / Crs.exe failed) PLEASE HELP! (0)4/23/2014 2:25:17 AM (Pkmans)
Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall (1)4/22/2014 9:06:45 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)