BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
This Connection is Untrusted

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > This Connection is Untrusted  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : This Connection is Untrusted Printable version of : This Connection is Untrusted
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

hotshot

Date Joined Aug 2014
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/4/2014 2:41 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
I keep getting the message on most sites : Even sites like yahoo , ebay etc - trusted sites

This Connection is Untrusted you have asked Firefox to connect securely to uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Firefox support keep saying it is my AV/Firewall software ?

I have a new Desktop. Windows 8.1. Which came with Bullguard installed.

Any ideas what I may need to do ?

Many Thanks

Simon

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 313

Posted 8/4/2014 3:52 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
Hello Simon,

Check if your system's date (the one displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop) is correct.

Can you provide me with the exact version of your Firefox?

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

hotshot

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 8/6/2014 1:30 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
Hello!

Yes, my date and time are correct.

I am version 31.0 of Firefox.

hotshot

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 8/6/2014 3:22 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
Since posting my last reply I have found if I turn off Bullguard AV I do not seem to get this message.

This is what they were suggesting on the Firefox Forums. But obviously this is not ideal.

Hope this further information helps

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 8/6/2014 5:39 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
Hello Simon,

Save and run AdwCleaner from here.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

hotshot

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 8/7/2014 3:53 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
Tried that - downloaded the program. Ran it. Switched the AV back on. Still getting the same message in Firefox.

legrant

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 7

Posted 9/17/2014 11:28 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
Don't know if you're having the same problem.

Titus on the BG live chat gave me a solution earlier today:

Titus said...
It appears that in some case, our Safe Results option has been linked with certificate errors on accessing Hotmail.com/live.com or outlook.com websites. I would kindly recommend that you open the BullGuard software and go to Settings > check Advanced > Antivirus > Safe Browsing and uncheck Bing.

Worked for me and two clients. Will try the updated version later today.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 9/17/2014 3:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: This Connection is UntrustedAlert an admin about: This Connection is Untrusted
Hi legrant,

Please note that I this information is also posted in a new thread .

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : This Connection is Untrusted Printable version of : This Connection is Untrusted

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:18 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,664 posts in 13,331 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36538 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, jaksum.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (0)10/20/2014 8:46:20 PM (Deb1957)