BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Win32 sality.3

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Trial users > Win32 sality.3  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Win32 sality.3 Printable version of : Win32 sality.3
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

harikishore

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/16/2012 8:03 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Win32 sality.3Alert an admin about: Win32 sality.3
thanks for bullguard, it detected a virus called win32/sality.3 skull which haunted my computer from several months but it failed to disinfect it and moved to quarantine, my most valuable softwares were stucked in it freaked so I need a help how to get all those softwares back without being exposed to that virus again.. please help shakehead

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 6/16/2012 9:44 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Win32 sality.3Alert an admin about: Win32 sality.3
Unfortunately, that particular infection is a nasty one. If your files could not be disinfected and were quarantined, I recommend you take these steps in their exact order:

1. Download and install 7Zip from here: downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z920.exe
2. Open Bullguard, go to the Quarantine and restore one of the files (make sure that you know where they are restored to and make sure that it is not very big).
3. Turn off BullGuard for now (disable the Antivirus from Settings > Real Time Antivirus).
4. Go to the location of that file, right-click on it and choose from 7Zip to "Create an archive" (or something like that).
5. In the window that opens, you will be able to set a password for the archive, so set the password to be "infected".
6. Turn BullGuard back on and scan the original file again, to move it back into quarantine.

Send an e-mail message to support@bullguard.com with that file attached and in the subject or the message, say that it is requested by me, so my colleagues know to notify me about it.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

harikishore

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/21/2012 5:15 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Win32 sality.3Alert an admin about: Win32 sality.3
oh thankq so much for ur quick response n im sorry i hv not seen it till now.. anyways all the infected files are too big to mail..
Is there any other way??
or is it ok if I send my dropbox link to the mail??

thankq once again..

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 6/21/2012 7:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Win32 sality.3Alert an admin about: Win32 sality.3
It's ok to send by dropbox. Try to find the smallest one.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Win32 sality.3 Printable version of : Win32 sality.3

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 22, 2014 11:15 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,612 posts in 13,319 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36378 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, nightzkung.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Crackling Audio With Bullguard (9)9/21/2014 7:57:44 PM (Chris.B)
Two Questions - Changelog & License (2)9/21/2014 1:01:38 AM (Hamlet)
I definitely have Malware, I've tried everything I know how to do (1)9/19/2014 6:47:25 PM (Robert Mateescu)