BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Av keeps turning itself off

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Av keeps turning itself off  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Av keeps turning itself off Printable version of : Av keeps turning itself off
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

leecy

Date Joined Apr 2013
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/17/2013 10:02 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Av keeps turning itself offAlert an admin about: Av keeps turning itself off
I run Win7 64 bit
The Antivirus monitoring keeps turning itself off and I have to go into settings It shows as 'on' but a red message beneath says cannot start monitoring. I turn it off and then on again to stop Windows flagging up that there is no AV in force. This only started recently. Also often on start up I get error messages saying 'cannot start real time behavioural scanner' and other similar messages. This may be connected. Cannot find a solution. Also when I try to go to live webchat there are always messages saying 'the connection has been lost Attempting to reconnect' Why is this?

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12981

Posted 4/18/2013 3:41 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Av keeps turning itself offAlert an admin about: Av keeps turning itself off
Hi leecy                smile

It sounds a bit like you've got unwanted guests on your computer.

I´ll therefore suggest you proceed as follows ->

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here:
If you are using Firefox, go to the toolbar and click File. Then go down to Save As & click.
Then save it on the desktop. Save as dds.scr
Save as Type : All files
And then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. Post DDS.txt back to your topic.

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted. 

leecy

Date Joined Apr 2013
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/19/2013 1:22 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Av keeps turning itself offAlert an admin about: Av keeps turning itself off
Before I do this I have other horribly red coloured error messages one of which at least never fails to appear on start up:-
1. Error Ox 435 Step 5 'Couldn't start the real - time file scanner'
2. Errors Ox 5b4 Step 13 or Ox 1 Step 1 'Couldn't start the real time behavioural scanner'
3. Error Ox 5b4 Step 13 'Couldn't start the firewall engine'

These could be written in Chinese for all the help they are. Why?? What does it all mean?? And why does it not automatically FIX these instead of throwing out this jargon? Can somebody please explain? (no local technicians have a clue about any of this)

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12981

Posted 4/19/2013 2:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Av keeps turning itself offAlert an admin about: Av keeps turning itself off
Since I can´t see what´s running on your computer, my guess would be that there might be leftovers from previous security or other programs that block BullGuard to function properly.

It should be the above logs hopefully shed some light on.....

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted. 

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 4/21/2013 4:42 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Av keeps turning itself offAlert an admin about: Av keeps turning itself off
Here is how one of the messages would translate:
Error 0x435 No attempts to start the "real - time file scanner" service have been made since the last boot. Because Step 5 the access is denied.

It is likely that an infection is present.

Perhaps you can reset Internet Options as seen in this guide: support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Then try to contact us again via Live Chat, so we can connect to your computer and solve the problem for you.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Av keeps turning itself off Printable version of : Av keeps turning itself off

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:11 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,822 posts in 13,360 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36997 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MosQuiTos007.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads