BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
BF3 V's BG Anti-virus

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > BF3 V's BG Anti-virus  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : BF3 V's BG Anti-virus Printable version of : BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Hellz-VIP

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 11

Posted 10/27/2011 1:54 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
I have found that again i have to disable the anti-virus of BG to play the full version of BF3 much like the beta, but the fix for the beta does not work for the full version of the game!

I have allowed the .EXE files (both the BF3.EXE and the Origin.EXE) and the entire Origin folder and the Origin Games folder (as i got the game via a download rather than hard disc version) (and by allowed i mean added an exclusion as previously stated as the fix for the beta in another post) but still BG anti-virus refuses to let me play BF3, please could you advise me on what to exclude or do next to get it working with BG fully working as i hate having to disable parts of my security to be able to play a game.

Thanks in advance Sim.

P.S. i was using BG12 but have gone back to BG10 to see if that was the problem and it wasn't.

Post Edited (Hellz-VIP) : 27-10-2011 10:57:04 GMT

bertjan

Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 27

Posted 10/29/2011 10:43 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
@Hellz-VIP
did you also get the you need to be admin to install error when installing battlefield 3??

Post Edited (bertjan) : 29-10-2011 19:51:29 GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 10/29/2011 10:54 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
I will kindly ask both of you to contact our support team directly.

If you have already tried everything and you did not succeed, read the instructions manual.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

bertjan

Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 27

Posted 10/30/2011 12:59 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
just contacted support turns out its bullguards behavior scan causing the problem

Hellz-VIP

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 11

Posted 10/30/2011 3:42 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
@Bertjan no i didn't get the "you need to be admin to install" as i downloaded through Origin. Not sure if that helps at all.

Did support say how to fix it Bertjan? i just wonder to save me going through support myself.

Thanks Sim.

N4uTiLuS

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 7

Posted 10/30/2011 6:14 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
Also having a problem with bullguard/BF3....game just hangs at joining server stage and doesn't allow me to go any further....version 12 running

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/30/2011 7:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
For the moment, please use this workaround.

Open BullGuard > Click on Settings from the bottom-left site of the window > select File > uncheck Behavioural Detection > Save.

We will solve this issue as soon as possible.

If you have already tried everything and you did not succeed, read the instructions manual.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

N4uTiLuS

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/31/2011 3:29 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
I did this,and also added all the folders relating to the game and Origin install into exceptions,now I can launch OK....

Sean Bahamut

Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 4

Posted 11/7/2011 2:37 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
I have had this problem with BG12 too, with the Battlefield 3 full release.

BG12 causes BF3.exe to hang. The BF3.exe also cant be stopped through task manager, and then the PC is not able to shut down (have to use the power button instead).

The solution of disabling behaviour detection, and adding Origin & Origin Games folders to the AV scan ignore list solved the issue (after a PC restart), but it would be great to have behavioural detection back on...!

Xhueloe

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/12/2011 7:52 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
... I've been through this problem since I got my new x64 pc.. You should create a warning for every BG user, so that they know what's going on if they try to play BF3

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 11/15/2011 9:07 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
A small update on this issue, we expect a fix to be released in the very near future (a week or two).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

N4uTiLuS

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/29/2011 4:08 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
Hello,
is there a fix/patch for this yet,still running my v12 with BD off..
Thanks

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 262

Posted 11/29/2011 5:34 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
Hi there,

A fix was released for all languages and operating systems, except computers running 32bit (x86) English version of any Windows Family OS.
Those will be also updated shortly.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

N4uTiLuS

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/29/2011 8:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
Thanks,just turned BD back on, restarted and connected into multiplayer fine,good job thankyou jumpin

NielsJ

Date Joined Dec 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 12/20/2011 7:14 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
Hello,

Can someone tell me were i can find that fix? Or just post a link of it cause i got the same problem. Cant run BF3 with BG, only by turning off the anti virusscan

thnx

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 12/21/2011 10:34 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
Please make sure that you have BullGuard 12 installed and updated.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

N4uTiLuS

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 1/16/2012 2:14 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BF3 V's BG Anti-virusAlert an admin about: BF3 V's BG Anti-virus
Same problem again after origin software update,behavioural detection needs to be off again for the game to work...

New Topic Post reply to : BF3 V's BG Anti-virus Printable version of : BF3 V's BG Anti-virus

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:34 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,529 posts in 13,304 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 2 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36180 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Ianathuth.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard removes CODWAW.exe says its a trojen generic (1)7/26/2014 5:56:15 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)