BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
BG14 problems

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > BG14 problems  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : BG14 problems Printable version of : BG14 problems
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Elmo

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 12

Posted 1/30/2014 8:54 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: BG14 problemsAlert an admin about: BG14 problems
I have today installed BG14 due to problems with the latest version of BG13 (13.0.275.3) - see post.

I now have several problems with BG14:

1. Every time I attach my removable drive, BG starts to scan it.
I have tried to stop it by altering settings in Antivirus-Settings-Tuning:
I have told it not to scan F: but this has made no difference. (I've also tried stopping scanning of "CD/DVD & floppy disks", and "local network locations" in case this worked.
How do I prevent BG starting this irritating scan?

2. I have set up 10 backup profiles to backup to folders on either C: or F: drive. These may or not be working - backup files do appear in the backup folders, I am unsure whether they are complete.
The backup progress ends abruptly with 0% completion, no error message, & there is no log file.

3. In every previous BG you could manually run several backup profiles concurrently. This does not appear possible, but maybe I am missing something?
It will be very time wasting to have to set each backup to run manually individually.

4. In every previous BG you could set profiles to "run when idle" - very useful. Is this no longer an option?

Elmo

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 1/31/2014 11:54 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: BG14 problemsAlert an admin about: BG14 problems
Update to post.
2. I found that the next time I opened BG the logs files had appeared. Not sure if this is because I closed & reopened BG, or because I had rebooted. Log files say Backups completed ok.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 1/31/2014 3:30 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: BG14 problemsAlert an admin about: BG14 problems
Hello Elmo!

1. Antivirus-Settings-Tuning- check "Don't scan removable media".

2. The solution was to exit and then reload BullGuard. There was an issue where the logs did not load properly and you found the solution.

3. The alternative to having to run each profile manually is to set up scheduled backups. Please note that in BullGuard 14 all profiles are set to be synchronized, so if you update a file, it will be backed up immediately.

4. The entire Backup process was changed a lot in version 14. Please have a look at the post from here:
www.bullguard.com/forum/15/BullGuard-Internet-Security-20_96056.html

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Elmo

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 1/31/2014 4:44 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: BG14 problemsAlert an admin about: BG14 problems
Hi. Thanks for getting back.

1. How i missed that option I don't know, I tried all the others. Thanks for pointing it out!

2. Further occurrences of logs not appearing have occurred. This time with PC TuneUp. It is not just a question of not being able to see the logs after the process has completed, you also cannot see what is running. I don't know if it is relevant, but this was a manual PC TuneUp scan (I have background scans disabled).

3. It is not useful to set a schedule for backups that write to removable media, as they try to run and fail unless I have the removable media attached at the right time. Try keeping on top of that on a daily basis.

4. The changes to Backup in BG14 all seem to make the process less functional and more difficult to use.

My first impressions of BG14 leave me agreeing with many of the comments made by other contributors to this forum see especially:
http://www.bullguard.com/forum/15/First-views-of-a-new-Bullguard_96204.html
Though I understand that there may have been some improvements to the Antivirus engine etc behind the scenes, it seems most of the visible changes made in BG14 have been a step backward. The much discussed main screen is not pretty, but doesn't bother me as much as some. However the User Interface is counter-intuitive, and difficult to use, especially trying to find the hidden-away features. It is also at times difficult to read: some of the icons, symbols and text are so small, and in some cases boxed text does not fit and is cut off, leaving you guessing what it saying.
Also functionality in some areas has been compromised, and there seem to be a large number of unresolved bugs.
These are only my first impressions, but it does seem a shame that a perfectly good, simple UI like that found in BG13 was replaced, when all that was needed was a tweak here and there.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 2/1/2014 7:40 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: BG14 problemsAlert an admin about: BG14 problems
Regarding 2, from your description of the problem, I believe that there is an underlying issue that is messing with the services. What the issue is, I can can not tell you just from the information I have now. I will kindly ask you to contact us either by e-mail or Live Chat, so we can investigate.

Regarding 3, I will have a chat with our Backup Team and will get back to you on that as soon as I have more information.

Regarding 4 and your comments, I will definitely forward them to our managers.

Thank you for getting involved and thank you for all your feedback!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Elmo

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 2/3/2014 11:41 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: BG14 problemsAlert an admin about: BG14 problems
Regarding 3 & 4:
I think I've found a way round 3, which was my main gripe with the changes to the BACKUP process.
Instead of running many BACKUP tasks separately, it is possible to add everything required to one BACKUP task. This only requires one manual run, and achieves the same result as being able to run many Backups concurrently.

New Topic Post reply to : BG14 problems Printable version of : BG14 problems

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, December 18, 2014 10:16 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,830 posts in 13,364 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 4 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36990 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Penipuhati.
7 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Ex Display Kitchens For Sale (0)12/18/2014 3:41:50 PM (Penipuhati)
IS BULLGUARD BLOCKING WEBS.COM? (3)12/18/2014 11:12:18 AM (bobashabiniu)
Computer Attacks (hacks) on the increase??? (4)12/18/2014 11:11:43 AM (bobashabiniu)
Please help me in choosing web hosting (4)12/18/2014 11:11:21 AM (bobashabiniu)
Antivirus (3)12/18/2014 11:09:52 AM (alice william)