BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server' Printable version of : BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 90

Posted 5/15/2014 4:45 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'Alert an admin about: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'
I've been getting this message for a few weeks now, always when attempting a manual definition update immediately after my PC has started up. The update always either stalls at 10%, or somewhere between 80 and 90% complete. I'm running the latest BIS (14.0.279.8) on Windows 7 Home Premium x64, although the same thing has been happening with a few previous BIS 2014 sub-versions as well. An immediate re-try will usually update successfully. I've never had any issues with update failures before, and there have been no major changes to my system which might affect internet connectivity. Anyone else having this problem? Are BullGuard certain there's nothing wrong at their end?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 5/16/2014 7:58 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'Alert an admin about: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'
There is nothing at BullGuard's end. If anything happens on our end, we immediately let our customers know on our website.

There are two similar messages:

Cannot connect to update SERVER. This error is telling us that although the application is working properly and there is a working connection, the server can not be reached. This can have as a cause a proxy server incorrectly set, altered internet connection settings (security or privacy settings are two high or two low-not default-), the router/modem may be blocking the connection, the internet service provider may block the connection or a server between your internet service provider and BullGuard may be blocked. This needs to be gradually investigated, to make sure that there is nothing stopping the connection of the application to our server.

Cannot connect to update SERVICE. This error is telling us that the actual service that the application uses to connect and transfer the necessary data is not working properly. This can have multiple causes as well, from conflicting applications, to Windows issues, to infections.

Please contact support and let them help you get to the bottom of the issue. There will be a few steps to take, but the problem will be solved in the end.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 90

Posted 5/17/2014 8:57 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'Alert an admin about: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'
In my case the message is 'Cannot connect to update SERVER'.

mr drew

Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/24/2014 10:41 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'Alert an admin about: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'
I am also having this problem. Bullguard says i have vulnerabilities, but cannot complete scan. I also receive a bullguard warning advising there is something wrong with my computer, but BG doest give any suggestion as to whats wrong and how this can be fixed.

I have downloaded anything that would harm my computer, but have rolled back just in case - this hasnt helped

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 5/25/2014 5:43 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'Alert an admin about: BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'
Mr. Drew, in your case it's likely that BullGuard can not connect to Windows Update properly to get it's status. This needs to be investigated properly. Please contact support.

All the best!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server' Printable version of : BIS 2014 - 'Cannot connect to update server'

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:15 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,529 posts in 13,304 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36191 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, EddieMayo.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads