BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
BullGuard Internet Security 2014

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > BullGuard Internet Security 2014  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : BullGuard Internet Security 2014 Printable version of : BullGuard Internet Security 2014
29 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 83

Posted 10/16/2013 12:07 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Ever the early adopter, I downloaded BIS 2014 this evening to upgrade my BIS 2013 installation (running on Windows 7 x64 Home Premium). For the first time with a BullGuard upgrade, I had problems. Firstly an 'exit error' (sorry I can't recall the full details of the error code, but IIRC it was 100) during installation, which could not be cancelled and aborted the installation. After re-running the installer, things seemed to work better - but at one point Windows gave a message from the system tray network icon that 'Additional login details were required - click to open your browser' or words to that effect; I have no idea what that was about.

Finally all installed, running and configured as I want it - but why is the main Bullguard window too small for all the icons, and can't be re-sized? There is a horizontal slider, but it does look a bit odd.

Potential upgraders might like to be warned!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
BIS2014.png
  82KB (image/x-png)
This image has been viewed 505 time(s).

Nedim

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 32

Posted 10/16/2013 2:42 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Most of Beta testers were amazed that this "feature" has not been fixed.
Shame really.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 520

Posted 10/16/2013 10:12 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Thank you for the feedback!

This is a feature of the program which will not be changed. At least not in this version.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 13

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 10/16/2013 12:41 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Amazing reaction - is user feedback so unimportant to BullGuard? And is it really such a difficult thing to change, considering that it doesn't reflect well on the product?

Another two 'niggles' while I'm at it, although I'm now not expecting a positive response. The 'Update' function used to be available by right-clicking the system tray icon, but now requires the program window to be opened. And update progress can only be seen by selecting the 'Messaging Window' while it's going on. I really feel the UI has been degraded for no obvious reason in BIS 2014; was the application itself actually changed, or is the new version just cosmetic? I notice that the current version number for BIS 2013 and 2014 seems to be the same.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/17/2013 3:46 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Please allow me to assure you that your feedback is important!

I was simply stating that this particular feature will not be changed. I am not at liberty to tell you why this decision was taken, but I can tell you that it's based on functionality and design both and it's been a highly debated decision.

I will have to report the issue about the Update option being available in the system tray. I will get back to you on that as soon as I get an answer.

Regarding the status only being viewed in the reports (messages) window, that is also a feature. The purpose of the message center is to have all the events and reports in one place, for easier access.

We are always accepting feedback : feeback.bullguard.com is the page that is seen directly by our developers. That is also where you can check the status of the feedback (implemented, to be implemented, etc).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 10/17/2013 1:28:30 AM GMT

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 10/19/2013 6:55 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
BS, i also updated to internet security 14 but the way i see it, its basically the 13 version with a different trendy interface. :)
NONE of the previous issues that already existed in 13 have been addressed and fixed. It seems that our feedback is not heard and i am planning to change to a different security solution as soon as possible.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 290

Posted 10/19/2013 9:38 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Well, let's hear from bullguard.com how Internet Security 2014 is superior to v2013.

Until then I shall assume that the new interface is just a way to entice new customers - meanwhile I shall stay with v2013.

What I have seen of the new interface certainly does not encourage me to upgrade.

Come on BullGuard, convince us that 2014 is worth an upgrade.

confused

Post Edited (Dickens) : 10/19/2013 6:38:49 PM GMT

bwf1409

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 22

Posted 10/20/2013 4:06 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
How on earth can BG send this version out with a interface like that, are BG not aware of how much this meens?

If theres no interrest to chance it, then i'm finished as a custumer - even though i got 668 days left.

What a shame...........

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 10/21/2013 7:06 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Well there is still some bugs in this new release and the slide bar on the bottom was a silly idea to begin with.
Unless they want to add an extra feature in a future updated version which i highly doubt.
Both the tray icon and the icon on the taskbar are ugly as hell.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/21/2013 8:40 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
I am doing everything I can to get your feedback to the appropriate people and get answers or put fixes in motion.
I have requested permission to post the changes, but I am sure you are aware that some of the changes can not be disclosed due to security reasons. For now I can tell you changes are not just cosmetic as you believe. There were a lot of changes and plenty more are to come.

Please keep your feedback coming, good or bad, so BullGuard can be everything that you want and need!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 10/21/2013 11:22 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Thank you Andreea-Luciana for your reply - it is good that you take our concerns seriously.

:-)

Post Edited (Dickens) : 10/21/2013 8:23:48 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/21/2013 5:39 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Regarding the GUI related requests on this thread, I have forwarded them to Product Management and this is their reply:

“The feedback on the new UI is quite divided and there are a number of people who appreciate the fact that everything is available right from the main UI and make an association between the tiles “outside the interface” and the way apps and modules are displayed on various popular interface (for example Windows 8, application stores and marketplaces, etc.

We are considering various tweaks to this (though I can’t get into that now) but as the product(s) develop and features are added, some minor features will still have to be pushed out. We’ve placed the most important modules first to facilitate quick access to them and the less used ones (mostly stuff that happens in the background) at a small distance but still on the main UI.

Keep in mind that in v13 you had quick access only to a very small number of functions on the main UI and for that reason alone, I guess you can see why the new interface is a significant improvement.

We are not deaf to your feedback and we sincerely appreciate any and all thoughts coming from everyone. As things are, we are currently looking at all feedback coming in and we’re going to give it a while longer until we make a decision on how to move further with the tiles placement and sizes.”

Also regarding the technical changes here is a list (without GUI changes):

Self Protect:
- Is now implemented in the installer as well.
- Overall improvements to Self Protect

General:
- Logs only accessible from the Messaging Center.
- Settings now split into Basic and Advanced.

Antivirus:
- BHV scanner improvements

Spamfilter:
- Wizard now contains only two steps and is located in Settings (and in e-mail client)
- Bulk contacts section has been added to “Configure contacts”. Added option per e-mail client to have Bulk emails moved to designated folder

Firewall:
- Firewall adjustments for decreasing False Positives
- Firewall reworked architecture
- Added the feature of possibly blocking domains and IPs, using the feeds from SafeBrowsing
- Support for integration with OpenVPN

Backup:
- Add to Backup feature instead of creating individual profiles.
- Add to Backup adds the folder to the Default Profile which runs “Continuously (when files have changed)”
- Scheduled profiles (including the Default Profile) now run in the background. No notice on start or on finish. A progress bar will appear in the BullGuard interface for scheduled profiles except the Default Profile.
- The Backup servers will now keep previous versions of files for 14 days even if the Versioning option is not activated.
- The “When idle” scheduling option has been removed.
- The “Continuous (when files have changed)” option is only available for the Default Profile.
- The files/folders backed up by the Default Profile will have an overlay icon in Windows Explorer detailing the sync status. Green checkmark for in sync, red cross for not synced, blue arrow for in progress.

PCTuneup:
- Fixes some entries automatically now (user can choose what to remove automatically from Settings)
- Added various other locations known to require cleaning.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 10/21/2013 3:55:41 PM GMT

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 10/21/2013 10:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Thank you for that - it's very much appreciated!

smile

Post Edited (Dickens) : 10/21/2013 9:11:32 PM GMT

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 10/22/2013 12:37 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
There is some type of conflict or a bug on boot, bullguard delays to start up and hogs the system for about one minute once its booted into windows. I am not sure but i think there is a bug related to the startup manager within bullguard. If you enable or disable a startup applications within the normal "windows" startup manager, when you go in bullguard's manager it does not detect the correct settings or it messes up with them. I am using windows 8.1 64bit btw.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 10/21/2013 9:41:34 PM GMT

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 10/22/2013 1:13 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
@Andreea

Lets sort out the bugs first and then we can worry about the GUI.
Because from what i can see, there is plenty of bugs that needs to be sorted out first.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 10/21/2013 10:13:51 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/22/2013 10:17 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
AvonX, I will kindly ask you to report the issues to support@bullguard.com, so we can collect the necessary logs and investigate.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

bwf1409

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/22/2013 11:22 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
The issue (as I see it), is not what BG put in the main window, but the fact that the window is to small - and you have to scroll to see the items in the right side of the window. If it was possible to make the main window larger, to avoid scrolling - then there were no problems with the interface (from my side at least).

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 10/22/2013 4:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Which is what I said in my original post starting this thread:

... "why is the main Bullguard window too small for all the icons, and can't be re-sized? There is a horizontal slider, but it does look a bit odd."

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 10/24/2013 1:35 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
When is bullguard going to release a stable version of BIS 14? To many bugs on it that i have currently uninstalled it until you get it done right.

richmun

Date Joined Jun 2013
Total Posts : 14

Posted 10/24/2013 6:22 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
can you tell me if anything has been improved in version 2014 ie protection wise because i don't like the new 2014 interface especially the scroll wheel at the bottom.I will stick with 2013 i like the interface much better in that version but i might upgrade if you can tell me that 2014 is more secure protection or are they the same.

bwf1409

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/28/2013 12:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
I Agree NorthPole.

I just felt the need to get back to the topic and the original question.

I think there's a lot of off topic - with no relation to your question.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 10/28/2013 1:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
For several days I have been running BullGuard Internet Security 2014 on a laptop and desktop with Windows 7 X64 Home Premium - so far no problems at all.

Yes, the BullGuard main page is a little strange with its horizontal slider but I can live with it.

Post Edited (Dickens) : 10/28/2013 3:00:35 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/29/2013 4:53 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Our Product Management Team is currently investigating some ideas on how to implement your GUI related request. We will keep you posted.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

bwf1409

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/30/2013 9:29 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
Thanks for the info!!

Boyneburn

Date Joined Feb 2010
Total Posts : 3

Posted 10/31/2013 11:53 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard Internet Security 2014Alert an admin about: BullGuard Internet Security 2014
I renewed my licence this week & downloaded BIS 2014 & how disappointed with what I found.User interface is rubbish & totally peed off at Vulnerabilties messages coming up all the time.I have nothing in my online drive & it asks to upgrade.Is there no way of switching off all these messages that are not relevant.I feel that I have totally wasted my money with this upgrade & seriously considering kicking it into touch & getting something else.

New Topic Post reply to : BullGuard Internet Security 2014 Printable version of : BullGuard Internet Security 2014
29 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, April 25, 2014 5:58 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,380 posts in 13,279 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 5 new threads and 12 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35792 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, dulc88.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Kitchen Design Lancashire Reviews (1)4/25/2014 1:22:36 AM (VegemiteKid)
Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall (2)4/25/2014 1:18:30 AM (VegemiteKid)
HOW TO REMOVE WIN32:SALITY VIRUS (3)4/25/2014 1:02:27 AM (dulc88)
Fitted Kitchens Glasgow (0)4/24/2014 4:15:09 PM (Tambah)
Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller (0)4/24/2014 12:22:24 PM (seneennn9)