BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
BullGuard log files

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > BullGuard log files  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : BullGuard log files Printable version of : BullGuard log files
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 92

Posted 10/20/2013 11:51 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
I see in the BIS 2014 Messaging Centre that logs are created for a large number of events, many of which are of minor significance (definitions updated, removable device scanned, etc.). Are these self-regulating in number, i.e. deleted automatically after a certain number of days? If not, I feel there should be a facility for the user to clear the log files manually, which otherwise are going to take up quite a lot of space after a month or two.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 10/21/2013 8:31 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
It is my understanding that the messaging center has received a lot of feedback through the BETA platform and fixes will be implemented as soon as possible. This includes a better way to clear out the unnecessary/old logs.
At the moment, the logs are stored in C:\ProgramData\BullGuard\LogData and can be removed manually.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 13

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 10/21/2013 6:47 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
Thanks Andreea - although it sounds from your response as though the public version of BIS 2014 was launched too soon following beta testing.

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 10/22/2013 1:28 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
I think that manually deleting the log files within folders doesn't cut it. There should of been an option in bullguard to delete old log files within a period of time at least like most of other security solutions out there have this option.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 10/21/2013 10:30:47 PM GMT

Alex-B

Date Joined Oct 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/22/2013 3:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
The Log is an important component especially for new users who may want to seek help about problems they faced while using BullGuard. There has to be a way to erase the logs but only for the purpose of releasing space because there is no telling on when you may need the log info. Personally I used the logs for a while before I got used to the antivirus. There are several tabs on the interface but the statistics tab is the most useful for me. Regarding clearing the logs, there is a trick you can use and that is by clearing firewall traffic log files. This can be achieved using Remote Host Tools and in this case the Clear Log Tool is used.
See below links for more.
http://www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides-12/firewall/firewall-logs.aspx

http://www.techyv.com/questions/bullguard-mobile-security-versus-kaspersky-mobile-security

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 10/22/2013 4:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
Alex-B,

Yes, but we're not just talking about firewall logs here - BIS 2014 seems to create a log entry for just about any event, which means they are going to build up at an enormous rate. Perhaps earlier versions also created such logs, but if so they were better hidden!

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 1/15/2014 1:56 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
Interesting development today - when checking the Messaging Centre after doing a definition update this morning, I found that all log files except the log for today's update had disappeared! Not a problem, but what just happened there - did they reach critical mass? Same version number (BIS 14.0.276.1) as yesterday, so it can't have been a program update which did it.

Elmo

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 12

Posted 1/31/2014 2:16 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BullGuard log filesAlert an admin about: BullGuard log files
I have had log files not show in BG - see my post "BG14 Problems".
During the course of trying to find them, I found log files in the following locations (Windows XP).
C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bullguard
C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bullguard\LogData
C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bullguard\Logs\Firewall
C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bullguard\Logs\Removable
C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bullguard\NSLogs
C:\Documents & Settings\'username'\Application Data\Bullguard\Antivirus\ScanLogs
C:\Documents & Settings\'username'\Application Data\Bullguard\Backup\Logs
C:\Documents & Settings\'username'\Application Data\Bullguard\Backup\DebugLogs
C:\Documents & Settings\'username'\Application Data\Bullguard\TuneUp

New Topic Post reply to : BullGuard log files Printable version of : BullGuard log files

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:31 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,617 posts in 13,321 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36391 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Briank10.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Two Questions - Changelog & License (3)9/23/2014 9:13:34 AM (NorthPole)
I definitely have Malware, I've tried everything I know how to do (2)9/23/2014 4:11:08 AM (AllPhillyFan)
Unable to access the internet after updating Trusteer (0)9/22/2014 6:49:37 PM (Robert Mateescu)
SPAM and The Bat (1)9/22/2014 4:02:39 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Crackling Audio With Bullguard (9)9/21/2014 7:57:44 PM (Chris.B)