BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard - VISTA SP1

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard - VISTA SP1  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard - VISTA SP1 Printable version of : Bullguard - VISTA SP1
54 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

neilybonks

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 4/10/2008 7:57 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I installed SP1-ok for a couple of days-computer then froze completely.
Removed SP 1- computer ok.
Contacted Microsoft-gave me instructions-mainly switch off Bullguard.
OK for three days-then downloaded update from Bullguard-system went haywire.Complete freeze up.
Scanning with Bullgurad normally took 30 minutes-when SPi installed-at least 55minutes.
Reminded me of the old days before they fixed it.

Things got so bad I have had to remove SP1.

Anyone experience any problems after downloading Vista SP1-if so solution  ??

bri1

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/12/2008 12:19 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Hi have had vista 32bit ultimate with no problems. following upgrade to sp1 i also have had some freezes. other symptoms include windows security centre not recognising that firewall, antivirus programs
are running, which they are. Only solution so far has been to switch off auto monitoring of these areas in security centre so that you do not get reminded about multiple security issues. Security centre only recognises
bullguard if you switch off and back on again these options. I have found that switching off windows defender and reverting to windows firewall has reduced the number of freezes as does not running email programs
until after bullguard has automatically updated. I would like to know how soon bulguard will have a fix in place ? - and how will we know its been fixedyeah

neilybonks

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 4/12/2008 4:36 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Alex S

I presume I should reinstall SP1 before I do what you suggest ??? Advice please

I have just downloaded one of your important downloads (1300hrs 12th April)-had a freeze up problem once again. That is without SP1 installed

With the removeal the scan time returned to 35 minutes.
NJ

Boxer

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/21/2008 10:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Hi All,

I am running Vista Home Premium & Bullguard 8, but I had trouble with my computer freezing up since upgrading to SP1. I contacted Bullguard and they gave me specific instructions on how to overcome the problem, but they did not work, and I finished up uninstalling SP1. The computer is working fine again, but there is an issue hear that Bullguard needs to address with their software & SP1.
If they fetch a patch out to fix this problem, I hope they will let us know about it.

Malteser

Date Joined Apr 2008

Posted 4/25/2008 4:19 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I too suffered with my system freezing after upgrading to SP1. I am using Windows Vista Premium and Bullguard v7.3 (didn't want to upgrade to v8.0 at same time as problem).
I have a work round that seems to let me keep going: I have an 'always on' connection to the internet so to end a session at the computer I power off the modem and wait for it to disconnect, I then switch off on-access protection and then shut down Windows.To start a session I do the reverse ie power up windows, turn on on-access protection and then power up my modem.
I also scan my hard disk fairly regularly to check all is well.
I too would like to be informed as and when a solution is found please as the above procedure takes a bit of time.

Post Edited (Malteser) : 25-04-2008 13:42:44 GMT

Karina

Date Joined May 2008

Posted 5/1/2008 7:16 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Any news about this yet?
Installed SP1 on two systems 2 days ago  both running Bullguard.. and guess what... both froze..
Where can I check for an update about this situation?

Thanks ahead.

Karina

Henrik44

Date Joined May 2008

Posted 5/20/2008 11:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I had the same freezing problems as you all had, I tryed everything new motherboard, new HD and even new Vista version. Every time I reinstalled vista the first thing I did was install Bullguard, it worked fine untill Vista update installed the update KB937287 I naworred it down because I had been playing a high-end game a whole weekend then sunday night before I whent to bed I installed that update. Then next morning the freez was back, KB937287 is the last update before you can download SP1. Today I had formated my pc installed vista and i have not installed bullguard and no problem. Tomorrow I will update all I can without installing Bullguard.
Hope this can help others and I hope Bullguard read this. I really like Bullguard.
Henrik

herb2

Date Joined Aug 2006

Posted 5/23/2008 10:21 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I note many of you have actually been able load sp1 but have trouble after..my problem is it will not load sp1, comes up with error 80070020 get help?  I have never had any problems loading updates before and sp1 is the first to fail. any thoughts apart from one workaround, that is, to switch off the anti virus whilst downloading. I am running version 8 with all the latest updates.

neilybonks

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 5/25/2008 1:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I have now downloaded and had to remove VISTA SP 1

Computer goes haywire.
If I switch off BULLGUARD prior to download it appears ok but when I reboot and reinstall Bullguard the problem statrts.

When are they going to release a patch to sort the problem ?
Is the solution to cut my losses and go to AVG ?

JeroenSack

Date Joined May 2008

Posted 5/28/2008 4:54 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I have the same problem, vista was insanely slow for some days and when I looked in the process explorer I saw bullguard was taking about half of my processor power. I just turned it of (not so smart, I know, but its better than an unuseable computer). Hope this will get fixed soon, SP1 is almost out for 2 months now so they had enough time I think.

Keltic

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 98

Posted 5/28/2008 6:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
ms recommend you check with your av provider as several are known to be affected by this problem in vista sp1, possibly ms need to be more open before releasing major updates to give av companies a fair chance to be ready on time

rasmus

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/5/2008 1:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
so whats happening with this, any solution yet, as my computer now freezes up too!

Post Edited (rasmus) : 05-06-2008 10:22:06 GMT

BlueThunder

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/5/2008 1:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
@Rasmus: Maybe you have the same as mentioned in this topic: www.bullguard.com/forum/15/Problems-Vista-x64-machines_62652.html

rasmus

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/5/2008 2:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
doesn't seem like it in my eyes, the problem came after installing the KB936330 update, and im on a x86 system (dont know if it makes any difference) im using bullguard 7.3.

Humble Jim

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/5/2008 5:16 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Having upgraded to v8 from v7 for Vista my main issue has been that Vista Security Center announces - a minute or so after machine is running - that Bullguard is turned off. Although it's plainly on and running you can't (re)start it from Security Center. But if you close Bullguard directly via a right click on the Bullguard icon and then re-run Bullguard the security alert goes away as the action seems to make Vista then recognise that Bullguard is up.

Seems to me an update/patch is required to Bullguard that 'tells' Vista Bullguard is running when it starts up with the machine (and keeps telling it if required if Vista didn't get the message initially). It’s not exactly a pain manually stopping/starting Bullguard but I don’t like the idea of leaving a small security window open while I’m doing it.

brain999

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/5/2008 9:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I too have had the dreaded "freeze up" (many actually) on vista sp1.

I have canceled automated updates and it no longer freezes.

Considering that sp1 has been around for a good while I am quite simply amazed that Bullguard should cause so many problems. Not good enough in my book.

Anyone use Mcafee???

Nadal

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/11/2008 4:56 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I had the "freeze up" and was told by Support to uninstall/re-install BG.

I also disabled auto updates and it was OK for a couple of days. This morning I got one of the "important update - must restart to take effect" messages. After the restart it was not freezing but it just hung when trying to download anything from the internet.

I have now been advised to uninstall BG, uninstall/re-install SP1, re-install BG and this MIGHT work!

I had trouble installing original SP1, which BG was stopping me from downloading(another known problem).The whole process took about an hour.

I am not prepared to uninstall SP1, so I have no option other than to say bye-bye to BG. From my experience, I would not recommend it to anyone using Vista.

brain999

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/11/2008 8:46 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Nadal

I gave up with Bullguard and am now using Mcafee. I would advise any Bullguard user to do the same.

I will never..ever..use Bullguard again.

Keltic

Date Joined Oct 2006

Posted 6/17/2008 8:25 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Don't know if something has changed ,but i installed vista sp1 and BG8 on the father in laws pc and absolutely no problems running it, he uses a packard bell istart.

JeroenSack

Date Joined May 2008

Posted 6/17/2008 12:03 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
I just updated bullguard and its working fine here now too.

Shurayuki

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/17/2008 4:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Suddenly had the same problem with Vista freezing up a couple of days after installing SP1. Didn't want to uninstall SP1 so just uninstalled Bullguard and downloaded and reinstalled Bullguard 8 and everthing seems to be running ok now.

Keltic

Date Joined Oct 2006

Posted 6/17/2008 6:46 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
rasmus said...
doesn't seem like it in my eyes, the problem came after installing the KB936330 update, and im on a x86 system (dont know if it makes any difference) im using bullguard 7.3.

Did you try upgrading to Ver 8

SMoeller

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 8/2/2008 6:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Hi Bullgard,
I have two computers with VISTA HOME PREMIUM and BullGard virus tool installed. With the lately installe Vista SP1 the computers freezes :-( exactly as explained in this thread. Now WHEN will Bullgard release a new update that fixes this issue?
If its later than 1 week from today then I clean the computers for Bullgard and purchase another product.

Theis Sondergaard
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Feb 2004
Total Posts : 23

Posted 8/6/2008 4:58 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Hi all Vista SP1 users,

it seems that this thread ended up as a bit of a trash-can for a lot of you, in the sense that you had a problem with BullGuard while using Vista SP1, and you wrote about it in here.

I'd like to point out that we have no known general issues with Vista SP1. However:

It might be that there's a relatively popular combination of BullGuard, Vista SP1 and some other 3rd party software or hardware which cause problems for some users. If you do have a problem with BullGuard, and you are using Vista SP1, please feel free to write about it in this thread. But also please list other software or special hardware-setup that you might suspect cause the problems.

I'll also encourage you to contact our Support with such reports. They can forward you to our QA department and start an investigation.

Thanks for helping us creating a better product! We'll keep an eye on this thread moving forward.

Theis Søndergaard, CTO, Co-founder | BullGuard Ltd.

SMoeller

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 8/6/2008 9:06 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard - VISTA SP1Alert an admin about: Bullguard - VISTA SP1
Hi Theis,
Strange that Bullgard does not accept the fact that so many have same or similar blocking problems. And that the very easy fix of the blocked situation is to remove Bullgard from the computer. That is a very good fix and it works for me on my 3 computers. Sad, as Bullgard was actually working fine until SP1. Sad for Bullguard as you have lost one customer.

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard - VISTA SP1 Printable version of : Bullguard - VISTA SP1
54 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:03 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,683 posts in 13,331 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 19 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36548 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, nudey.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (19)10/23/2014 5:54:29 AM (Deb1957)
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)