BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard 2014 still have game mode

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard 2014 still have game mode  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard 2014 still have game mode Printable version of : Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

richmun

Date Joined Jun 2013
Total Posts : 15

Posted 10/24/2013 7:43 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
hi can someone tell me does bullguard 2014 still have the game mode i tried the beta builds but didn't seem to find the game mode and its something i used all the time while gaming.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 10/25/2013 7:01 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
I am afraid that the Gaming plugin has been removed in version 14.

You can still easily configure the Antivirus and Firewall to omit your games., so you can play uninterrupted.

If this is a big inconvenience for you, please post this on feedback.bullguard.com.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 10/26/2013 1:11 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
lol Yeah, as if someone will listen to his feedback.

void0815

Date Joined Nov 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/8/2013 3:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
Please, put in this Game-Mode feature whith the next update.

I liked it very much. And it cant be much complicated for your programmers to reinstall this.

This "Game-Mode" feature was one reason i decide for BullGuard.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 11/9/2013 7:05 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
I have forwarded all the feedback from the forum and all the issues to our managers.

Thank you!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Puppaz

Date Joined Nov 2013

Posted 11/9/2013 11:09 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
I also have an issue with this.
I recently had an older version of Bullguard, but due to a problem with an error displaying on startup I uninstalled and re-downloaded a newer version.

I have a number of older games which, when run, alter the screen resolution etc, usually the bullguard pop-up asking to allow or quarantine or report false positive would then pop-up, but for some reason with these older games there's no way to tell it the game exe is safe, and it causes the entire screen, keyboard and everything to freeze up on a black screen.
Previously I would add the game's exe files in the game profiles and this would solve the problem. Now I can't do this.
I have tried to add the exe to the firewall, I'm not sure what else I can do? I don't want to have to disable protection every time I want to run an older game.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this?

I'm sorry as it doesn't seem so "easy" for me.

abyss513

Date Joined Dec 2013

Posted 12/4/2013 2:15 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
Puppaz said...
I also have an issue with this.
I recently had an older version of Bullguard, but due to a problem with an error displaying on startup I uninstalled and re-downloaded a newer version.

I have a number of older games which, when run, alter the screen resolution etc, usually the bullguard pop-up asking to allow or quarantine or report false positive would then pop-up, but for some reason with these older games there's no way to tell it the game exe is safe, and it causes the entire screen, keyboard and everything to freeze up on a black screen.
Previously I would add the game's exe files in the game profiles and this would solve the problem. Now I can't do this.
I have tried to add the exe to the firewall, I'm not sure what else I can do? I don't want to have to disable protection every time I want to run an older game.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this?

I'm sorry as it doesn't seem so "easy" for me.

The issue that puppaz is facing is happening to me as well with the bullguard 2013/2014 or version 14.0.
two games completely freeze thanks to bullguard when trying to adjust the resolution. Faster than light and age of decadence.
adding mentioned games .exe in the firewall rules and setting the policy to allow does not seem to help.
Disabling antivirus, firewall or uninstalling bullguard will let the games mentioned work with no issues.
Earlier bullguard versions as mentioned by puppaz will work since a popup appears.
Kindly help asap.
Thankyou

Post Edited (abyss513) : 12/3/2013 11:25:02 PM GMT

Catman720

Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 33

Posted 12/5/2013 3:12 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
Game mode is definitely needed.

Steve M

richmun

Date Joined Jun 2013

Posted 12/21/2013 11:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
hi have they implemented game mode yet cause i un installed bullguard until its brought back anyone.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 12/22/2013 6:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
www.bullguard.com/products/bullguard-internet-security.aspx

Game On. No interruptions.
Most security software reduce gaming performance and require a special “Game Mode” to be activated while you’re playing. BullGuard solves this performance problem intelligently, letting you enjoy gaming at full throttle but still ensuring unparalleled security on all levels.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Catman720

Date Joined Aug 2011

Posted 12/24/2013 11:31 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
Well, I have a major problem. I just purchased Be!!!eled 3, Bullguard blocks it and asks if I want to allow or quarantine. Then freezes so I cannot make a choice.
I have to turn Bullguard off to play the game.
Need a fix.

Steve M

richmun

Date Joined Jun 2013

Posted 12/24/2013 6:45 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
how do you turn the gaming mode on i cant seem to find it.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 12/27/2013 1:34 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
Catman720, I have seen a similar behavior with Windows 7 and World of Warcraft. I play WoW, so I knew there shouldn't be a problem. It turned up on remote that the actual launcher for the game was bugged. Try starting the game directly from it's folder instead of using a shortcut.

Also please take these steps:

1. Open BullGuard, click Settings, click Antivirus (Advanced) then select Tuning.
2. Check the box for "Skip specific folders" and add the game folders.
3. Then check the box for "Skip specific processes" and add the executable file of the game.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Catman720

Date Joined Aug 2011

Posted 12/27/2013 6:28 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 2014 still have game modeAlert an admin about: Bullguard 2014 still have game mode
I uninstalled and reinstalled, and so far it hasn't popped up again.
Thanks

Steve M

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard 2014 still have game mode Printable version of : Bullguard 2014 still have game mode

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:47 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,524 posts in 13,303 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 10 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36162 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, markhindsoptometrists.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Virus Through Email (5)7/24/2014 4:53:59 PM (tbush004)
Firewall causing high CPU usage (5)7/22/2014 7:01:03 PM (rv1979)
Python.exe is malware?? (1)7/22/2014 12:51:17 PM (Touch)
Cant delete annoying music downloader help? (1)7/22/2014 7:44:23 AM (Touch)