BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start Printable version of : Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

kintekke

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/18/2009 12:11 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial startAlert an admin about: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
Hi Peeps
I have been using Bullguard since buying my computer nearly 2years ago and to be totally honest have never had any major problems with virus or intrusions...Now i'm using 8.7.
Sorry i am running a intel dual core processor with 2gb of ddr2 ram and the dreaded vista home...lol
Up till just lately i have not had any problems but in the last week or so Bullguard is not starting up at boot up??
I have checked in the msconfig and bullguard is selected to start???
I get everything else booting up but bullguard...then i get a window's security warning saying my 'no firewall in selected' and do i wish to start either bullguard or windows firewall??
Now i have updated recently to internet explorer 8 but use firefox to surf?? ...But i did have a few days where explorer needed to close ...But i have loaded a few updates since then so i presume there was a bug in the initial explorer 8 release (NO!!!lol)
I also had a weird thing happen the other day ...i placed a disc in one of my 2 disc drives but when i checked on system none of the optical drives were enabled...so i had to enable them??
Not sure if i may have some sort of virus or bug that may be causing this but will be going down the re-format road if i cannot resolve this shortly.
Any ideas would be of great help...

Post Edited (kintekke) : 17-07-2009 21:12:58 GMT

Abnoba

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 3

Posted 7/19/2009 4:32 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial startAlert an admin about: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
In msconfig in the Startup tab, there should be two BullGuard entries, both of them should be enabled.

For issues regarding BullGuard's functionality, we recommend to contact the support directly:
either write an email to support@bullguard.com (the response time is one hour) or
by live chat at www.bullguard.com/support/live-support.aspx

@lpha Killer

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 7/27/2009 12:45 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial startAlert an admin about: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
Same as me, have installed XP from scratch, after i have wrote my email & code in and rebooting,
NO startup af BG and ONLY one BG in Startup tab,
but i have notice, if i DON´T install nVidia Graphic Drivers, i have NO problem with BG, then starts BG up fine...

Know some people in my town with the same BIG problem :-(

@K

Kindly, @lpha Killer

Post Edited (@lpha Killer) : 26-07-2009 21:54:35 GMT

Alex S.

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 58

Posted 7/28/2009 3:54 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial startAlert an admin about: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
Hi,

@kintekke - are you using Vista SP2, by any chance?

@lpha Killer - do you recall if you installed BullGuard from an older disc, when the problem occured?

Also, we need exported event logs in order to properly troubleshoot the problem. Here is what needs to be done:

FOR XP:

1. Right-click My Computer and select "Manage".
2. In the Computer Management window that opens, click "Event Viewer", in the left list.
3. Right-click the "Application" entry and select "Save Log File As...".
4. In the window that opens, type a name for the file and save on a location at your liking, by clicking Save.
5. Also, right-click the "System" and "Security" entries, as well and perform Step 3, for those too.
6. Attach these logs to a PM and send them to me.

FOR VISTA:

1. Right-click the Computer icon and select "Manage".
2. In the Computer Management window that opens, click "Event Viewer", in the left list.
3. Expand the "Windows Logs" class > right-click the "Application" entry and select "Save Events As...".
4. In the window that opens, type a name for the file and save on a location at your liking, by clicking Save.
5. Also, right-click the "System" and "Security" entries, as well and perform Step 3, for those too.
6. Attach these logs to a PM and send them to me.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Alex Sarchiz
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Hellz-VIP

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 11

Posted 8/11/2009 5:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial startAlert an admin about: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
I too am having this same problem since a full reformat, i reinstalled BG 8.7 and ever since doing the latest update from Nvidia (190.38) i have to manually start BG each time i do a boot up, UNLESS i go into the main settings of BG and tick the 'load Bullguard at windows startup' window BEFORE i shut the system down, i believe it is the Nvidia update that is the problem as i have nothing different from before the reformat apart from that driver, any notice if as to when the problem will be fixed or how we fix it? please Alex S.

Thanks Sim.

P.S. if you want me to PM you with the logs that you mention above i will do, just didn't want to do it and you wonder WTF is this from someone who i haven't asked to do this!

Jubbles

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/20/2009 10:35 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial startAlert an admin about: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
Also having this same problem, and also only have one bullguard entry in the startup tab.

L@rs

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/21/2009 7:08 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial startAlert an admin about: Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start
Same http://www.spywarefri.dk/forum/viewthread/72882/ (in danish view pics...) smhair Will the problem be fixed????

Post Edited (L@rs) : 21-08-2009 16:14:57 GMT

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start Printable version of : Bullguard 8.7 Not starting up at initial start

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:35 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,605 posts in 13,317 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 11 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36364 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BrownJean.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (8)9/17/2014 12:44:35 PM (Robert Mateescu)
This Connection is Untrusted (7)9/17/2014 12:02:41 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Unable to access Hotmail or other email providers (0)9/16/2014 2:20:27 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (19)9/16/2014 5:21:49 AM (klimek69)
Slow Performance Since Installing Bullguard (3)9/15/2014 12:41:35 PM (Robert Mateescu)