BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they Printable version of : Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 27

Posted 8/31/2014 10:01 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hi,

My "My drive information" is showing Free space: 1.93 GB / 5 GB. Which is what I expect, as I have previously stored roughly 3GB of info there. But when browsing this area via the Bullguard account page, there are no files ! My backup seems to be missing, but still taking up space.

There are 3 devices:
UNITY
Home
Recycle Bin

Even when selecting "show previous versions" I do not see any files "This folder is empty" is reported.

I'm actually not too bothered that my files appear missing, as I only use this area as a scratch pad. But of course this problem is really bad. What I wish to do is at least complete empty the backup area so that I can use it again. I'm not able to delete anything (because there is nothing to delete).

How can I fix my backup area ?

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 348

Posted 8/31/2014 8:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hi J Moore,

Please access your Online Drive from the "My Account" section and select "Recycle Bin" from the "Select device" drop-down menu.
Check the "Show previous versions" box and delete all files from there.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 8/31/2014 9:23 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hi,

I've tried this already. It doesn't mater what device I pick, and also I'm selecting show previous versions. All devices/folders are empty. I've attached a screen shot to show you. My files have "gone", but they are there somewhere, because 3GB is used up.

Please either "reset" my backup area, so that I have the full 5GB, or at least allow me to "see" my files so I can delete them myself. Thanks.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
recyclebin.jpg
  189KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 56 time(s).

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 9/1/2014 1:20 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hello,

Can you provide me with your BullGuard username (in a private message) so I can check your account and see what exactly is happening?

Thanks.

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 9/13/2014 2:01 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hi,

I still have 3.1GB of files I can't access or delete, or even "see". I sent you a PM. Anyone have an update ? I'd like to be able to use the Backup space again, and at least need to be able to delete what I can't access at the moment.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 9/13/2014 5:08 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
I have not received any PM.
Please try again or contact the Support Team directly.

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 9/17/2014 12:07 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
It seems the PM functionality isn't working. Every time I write a message and submit, the web page just jumps to the Forum title page !

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 9/17/2014 12:12 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
I've sent an email to support now.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 9/17/2014 2:44 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hi J Moore,

It indeed appears that the PM system does not work in some conditions.
I have escalated the issue to the server team.

Thank you!

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 9/24/2014 10:23 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hi,

Do you have an update for me ? I still only have 1.93 GB free of 5 GB, and my backed up files are missing.

I've sent my user ID to support in an email, which is now over a week ago ...

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 9/27/2014 4:53 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think theyAlert an admin about: Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they
Hi J Moore,

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they Printable version of : Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, December 22, 2014 4:50 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,822 posts in 13,360 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36997 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MosQuiTos007.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads