BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard Firewall stops internet access

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard Firewall stops internet access  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard Firewall stops internet access Printable version of : Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Gadget

Date Joined Nov 2012
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/8/2012 12:53 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Hi folks,

My daughter is at Uni and I'm trying to solve a firewall problem for her at 200 miles. I've had numerous conversations with the Bullguard online help, but to no avail.

Bullguard firewall will not allow my daughter to get online. As soon as the firewall is disabled, she can access the internet. Interestingly, windows firewall doesn't seem to be able to be started when the bullguard firewall is tuned off.

Computer has been scanned with Bullguard, malwarebytes and default settings have been reset.

She gets an error code: 0x80070424

Any help would be appreciated. Treat me gently ;-) I'm not a tecky.....

Gadget

Date Joined Nov 2012

Posted 11/8/2012 1:01 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
To add to my previous post: the error code is shown when she wants to use the recommended settings for the windows firewall. (Because she can't use the Bullguard firewall).

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 276

Posted 11/8/2012 1:22 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Hi there,

Please note that the PC may be infected with Sirefef/Zero.Access.Rootkit.

I will kindly ask you to check this post in order to remove it.

Instead following all Microsoft guides needed to repair the damaged Windows services, please contact our support team and ask to be provided with the "Services.Repair" tool, as its size doesn't allow me to attach it to this post.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Gadget

Date Joined Nov 2012

Posted 11/8/2012 10:17 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Hello Robert,
Thank you for that.
I note that you say 'may be infected'. Is there a more definitive way of checking if the computer is actually infected?
I mentioned in my first post that I'm not technically minded, so to go through the process you gave me a link to, will be very challenging indeed.
So, is there a way we can be more certain that the computer is infected with that specific virus?
Thanks for your assistance.

Gadget

Date Joined Nov 2012

Posted 11/8/2012 11:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Hi again,
No response from forum members, so....
RE: 0x80070424, I found a microsoft firewall fix. support.microsoft.com/kb/968002. Ran it and the windows firewall gave the error: 0x8007042c
Tried other (probably very simple) ideas without success.
Then copied all the important documents onto an external hard drive, and restored settings back one month. (Windows restore). Bullguard disappeared (which is slightly strange). Icon to install remains on desktop.
The windows firewall now works. Thank goodness. Look at my first posting. My daughter is at Uni.....etc. Now, she happens to be studying a very intensive 7hr a day course, and relies on her computer to work properly. So, what does she now do?? Does she reinstall Bullguard, or not?
Is this perhaps a conflict? Or do you think is it a virus? I would sincerely appreciate help. Thanks.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 11/9/2012 1:44 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Dear Gadget,

I understand that you are frustrated with the situation and I understand why, but we can only apologize and help you.

However, if you want to get the problem solved, I recommend that you follow the steps that we give you instead of ignoring them. Restoring the computer a month back was a mistake, because you loose a lot without it having to be a necessary step.
You should have followed Roberts advice and asked for the tool.

Reinstall BullGuard and if you have any more issues, disable the Firewall and contact Support. Tell them that you got sent from the forum and tell them to check for infections.

Have a great day!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Gadget

Date Joined Nov 2012

Posted 11/9/2012 2:13 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Hello Andreea,
Yes, you are correct - I am frustrated. Apologies if this came over in my posting.
Please can you clarify something for me? Re-reading Robert's post, am I correct in thinking that there is an 'either/or' option?

In other words, do I have to follow the instructions on the link he provided, or could I have just used the Services Repair tool that he mentioned in his 3rd paragraph, without following the instructions in the link?

I will re-install Bullguard, and see what happens. I look forward to reading your reply to the above.

Thanks
Gadget

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 11/11/2012 4:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Following the instructions in his post completely would have most likely solved the issue, but not everyone feels comfortable with following technical instructions. Since you are a BullGuard customer you benefit from 24/7 free technical support, which means that we can solve the problem for you (doing all that Robert suggested), if you connect to us from the computer with the issue. The tool Robert suggested helps restore the services and then you can connect.

Gadget, we are always there for our users and we always want to help. It is true that the road to a safe and clean computer is not always made in three steps, but there is no reason to feel disheartened and no reason to give up.

All the best!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Gadget

Date Joined Nov 2012

Posted 11/11/2012 9:50 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard Firewall stops internet accessAlert an admin about: Bullguard Firewall stops internet access
Hello Andreea,

Thank you for you advice.

Bullguard was re-installed, as you suggested. My daughter's computer is now working fine. She can access the internet, whilst the Bullguard firewall is turned on. Every other part of Bullguard is working fine. Thanks for your continued support.

Looking to the next few weeks (since the computer settings have been reversed a month), it will be intersting to see if the problem occurs again.

Being 'disheartened and giving up' is not part of my character :-) At the moment, this problem appears to be fixed, but I will be back if needs be. Of that you can be certain :-)

Gadget.

(Bullguard user for many/several years).

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard Firewall stops internet access Printable version of : Bullguard Firewall stops internet access

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, August 23, 2014 6:35 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,572 posts in 13,311 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36263 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, midomidi2013.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Computer running snail slow, virus maybe (29)8/22/2014 10:34:06 PM (midomidi2013)
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (13)8/22/2014 5:29:40 PM (NorthPole)
Best antivirus features under free licensing (0)8/22/2014 6:30:43 AM (pravintechno)
Malware bytes can not be installed successfully and pricechope adware (0)8/21/2014 10:23:52 PM (petlad)