BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors Printable version of : Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

geekgirl72

Date Joined Aug 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/30/2013 2:37 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errorsAlert an admin about: Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors
To bring everyone up to speed, I had Windows 7 on my machine, then I decided to wipe the machine and do a fresh install of Windows 8.  After doing so I installed Bullguard and it worked great.  No problems.  I did not really like Windows 8, so I format the drive and reinstall 7.  Everything went well for a while with Bullguard on it as I have come to expect.  But, then I got memory dump screens, the computer would have to shut down for misc reasons.  It was a nightmare.  I decided maybe a driver was tripping it up.  I reinstalled all of the drivers.  I updated my drivers, everything you can think of, I did it.  I only had on the machine the following:  Windows 7, drivers, Java, Adobe reader, flash player and Bullguard.  Nothing else.  I wanted to give it a good test before I installed my numerous things.  I have learned this as a techie.  I updated Java, took off Java, updated adobe, removed it.  You get the picture?  We finally got down to just Windows and Bullguard and it was still coming up with these errors.  I took Bullguard off and decided to try the PC with all of the programs mentioned and no Bullguard.  It did not happen again.  Shocked and dismayed, I installed Microsoft Essentials just to see if my PC would do this with another security program.  It did not. 

So my question to Bullguard is "Have you heard of this before with Windows 7 and is there a fix"?  Thanks in advance.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 8/31/2013 6:03 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errorsAlert an admin about: Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors
Hello,

To start, if you are asking if this is a known general issue, it is not.

The way to find out why you have problems is for you to reinstall your BullGuard and set the computer to create the minidumps.

When the blue screen occurs a minidump will be created. You can attach that to an e-mail to Support along with your BullGuard logs and a BullGuard System Summary log and we will find out what is causing the problem and give you a solution.

If you want to do this, for instructions on how to get all the logs, please contact support@bullguard.com

Best regards,

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 13

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors Printable version of : Bullguard and Windows 7 memory dump errors

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:41 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,697 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 24 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36552 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BigStone.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (13)10/25/2014 3:59:32 AM (BigStone)
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (28)10/24/2014 9:41:58 PM (Deb1957)
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)