BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free? Printable version of : Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Baedric

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 14

Posted 1/25/2013 1:30 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?Alert an admin about: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
Delete this thread.

BullGuard Internet Security 2013 | Sandboxie | Malwarybytes Anti-Malware Pro | Image for Windows

Post Edited (Baedric) : 1/25/2013 9:53:37 PM GMT

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 1/25/2013 2:26 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?Alert an admin about: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
Baedric said...
I just tried to download Bitdefender free from here: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html
and Bullguard IS blocks the download. I hope that this is a false positive... for those folks that are looking for a free AV solution.

I highly doubt that is the case but BullGuard should keep it in that block list.
It is indeed a virus. In fact its one big virus by itself.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 1/24/2013 11:31:06 PM GMT

Nedim

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 33

Posted 1/25/2013 3:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?Alert an admin about: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
Working fine here....Bullguard is silent

Nedim

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 33

Posted 1/25/2013 4:33 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?Alert an admin about: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
That's strange....you should submit it as false positive

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/25/2013 5:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?Alert an admin about: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
Baedric said...
Strange... This is what I get:

I confirm there is no issue whatsoever to download that file and BullGuard does not block it. First of all you are running to many programs and add-ons at the same time.

From what i can see you are running a program which you are in a sandboxed environment, using no script and also on the right top side of your firefox browser there is many add-ons which i don't recognize.
This can also be that you might have a virus running on your system that might be causing BullGuard to react.

I suggest you update BullGuard and run a full scan. Also download malwarebytes and install it. Do not run the trial version of malwarebytes just the free version update it and also run a full scan.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 1/25/2013 2:04:04 PM GMT

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/25/2013 5:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?Alert an admin about: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
@Baedic

"Well I tried again and was able to download it with no flagging from Bullguard. Since Bullguard uses the same signatures I thought this was quite strange behavior, and was why I posted it on here. Hopefully an admin will see this thread and look into this."

It could be that you had something infected running in your sandbox and when you cleared the files from the sandbox the issue went away.

"I just completed a Full Bullguard Scan and nothing was found. I run MBAM realtime and it has not found anything. I am pretty confident my system is clean."

You cant have two engines running at the same time, BullGuard and Malawarebytes. You should remove any realtime protection from Malawarebytes.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 1/25/2013 2:31:36 PM GMT

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/25/2013 8:15 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?Alert an admin about: Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?
@Baedric

Well its you who mentioned this about the "realtime" protection module of malwarebytes. Since you found this in MBAM support site you should contact them for further details.
I am pretty sure if you contact the tech support team of BullGuard they will say the exact same thing as i said about malwarebytes.
You came here having complaints that bitedfenders free av gets blocked by BullGuard. Perhaps you need to decide which one you want installed on your system since you cant have them all running together.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 1/25/2013 5:29:27 PM GMT

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free? Printable version of : Bullguard blocking download of Bitdefender free?

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:35 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,696 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 25 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36551 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, 270bajigur.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (28)10/24/2014 9:41:58 PM (Deb1957)
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)