BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall Printable version of : Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

VegemiteKid

Date Joined Jan 2014
Total Posts : 8

Posted 4/21/2014 2:16 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard not shutting off Windows FirewallAlert an admin about: Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall
I've just rebuilt my machine with Windows 7 64-bit. While Bullguard has automatically shut off Windows AV, it hasn't done the same with Windows firewall, and when I manually shut it off, Windows complains a lot about it. Should Bullguard automatically shut off the firewall? I didn't want 2 running, and it made sense to turn off the Windows version. I assume my machine is still connected?

Also, I had to install the latest version of the Bullguard client. Firstly, it takes a small square footprint, necessitating scrolling to see all options. The worst part though is that there is no Games mode (or one that I can see). Has this been removed, and if so, can I downgrade back to a version that had Games mode? I can't even find the current version. :P The previous version was easy and user friendly, but this one is not as easy to use.

Cheers, Kat

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 4/23/2014 12:06 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard not shutting off Windows FirewallAlert an admin about: Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall
Hello Kat and welcome to our forum.

While we encourage the use of the forum for any conversations, for actual support for issues, we recommend that you contact support directly. You will see a link in my signature. The supporters will solve your issues faster than we will here.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

VegemiteKid

Date Joined Jan 2014
Total Posts : 8

Posted 4/25/2014 4:18 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard not shutting off Windows FirewallAlert an admin about: Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall
Thanks for that. By the way, it's not really a good look for an AV system's forums to be stuffed with spam, phishing and scams (especially kitchen "manufacturers"). Just sayin'.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 4/25/2014 1:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard not shutting off Windows FirewallAlert an admin about: Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall
Your right, but this comes to prove, once more, that fighting this kind of people is a constant battle. What is sad is that they actually get customers this way. I can only hope that people on our forum now know better than that.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall Printable version of : Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, July 25, 2014 4:35 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,524 posts in 13,303 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 10 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36162 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, markhindsoptometrists.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Virus Through Email (5)7/24/2014 4:53:59 PM (tbush004)
Firewall causing high CPU usage (5)7/22/2014 7:01:03 PM (rv1979)
Python.exe is malware?? (1)7/22/2014 12:51:17 PM (Touch)
Cant delete annoying music downloader help? (1)7/22/2014 7:44:23 AM (Touch)