BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard pricing...Confused

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard pricing...Confused  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard pricing...Confused Printable version of : Bullguard pricing...Confused
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

slevin

Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/26/2009 8:49 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Hi,

First off, I'm very satisfied with your product (Bullguard Internet Security). It was included when I bought my new computer. My 1-year subscription is almost up, so I checked your pricing on renewal. This would cost me 69,95 Euro for an additional year. (I'm a Belgian customer)

If I go to the store where I bought my computer, I could buy Bullguard for 45,00 Euro. (Retail box) with the same options I get if I should renew my subscription. ( 1 Year, 3 PC's, 5GB backup)

Something's not right here! Basically I would pay 24,95 Euro extra, in case of renewal, for the convenience of not having to go to the store and buying a product I already have installed.
I don't need another cardboard box, manual and CD, those items would end up in the trashcan.

Could someone give me an explanation for the huge price difference?

Tavi
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 170

Posted 11/26/2009 10:02 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Hello Slevin,

The price difference it due to the version number, as you can use an older version license key with the latest BullGuard version. Also the retailer can make offers, if they have an older batch they can make discounts.
Finally we have an offer for our users: you should receive a renewal warning email with a discount within a week of your account expiration date, if you want to choose the renewal from us.

Cheers,

Octavian Arvunescu
Senior Support Technician

Please read the forum rules before posting

www.bullguard.com

slevin

Date Joined Nov 2009

Posted 11/26/2009 10:50 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Octavian, thanks for the speedy reply.

If I may point you to the store in question, I'm not sure if you saw the link I provided in the previous post:
www.codima.be/product/1275/bullguard-internet-security-85-retail-incl-5-gb-backup-3pc.aspx

They are selling the latest version, 8.5, the same version Bullguard is offering as renewal.
So the discount and older batch argument does not apply here.

I will wait and see how much of a discount Bullguard will be offering me at the end of my subscription, and decide then where I buy my next anti-virus program.

In future ,I'll still recommend your program to friends and family when they are looking for a good anti-virus, I will however advice them against buying it from the company that makes it. nono

I understand your company needs to make a profit, but you can not justify a 25,00 Euro price increase compared to a box I buy in the store. (Witch involves: making and printing a cardboard box, manual + CD, shipping this to my country and allowing to let the local store owner make a profit.)

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 312

Posted 11/27/2009 10:35 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
I had 29 days left on my subscription - having received an email form Bullguard, I renewed immediately, paying GBP £44.99.

Would I have been offered a discount if I had left it until the last few days before renewing?

If so, I think that is a bit unfair on loyal customers, I will have been a very satisfied customer since 2007.

Next year I shall not renew so promptly - if at all.

sad

Post Edited (Dickens) : 27-11-2009 08:37:25 GMT

nala

Date Joined Sep 2009
Total Posts : 16

Posted 11/27/2009 9:19 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused

agree totally with dickens,i have been with bullguard since 2005,and i have never been offered a discount,i took out my latest sub out for 2 years next time i might not be so quick in renewing,see if i get offered a discount,you should be supporting the customers that support you,jumpin

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 11/28/2009 11:53 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
I have emailed Bullguard at payment@bullguard.com - hopefully they will be able to clear up this issue?

nala

Date Joined Sep 2009
Total Posts : 16

Posted 11/28/2009 12:21 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused

Dickens-i shall be watching the outcome of this with interest,you will be lucky if you hear anything.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 11/28/2009 4:47 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Well I just received my reply - I was informed that,

'the 15% discount was part of a special marketing campaign which was only available to some BullGuard users. This is the reason for which you have not been offered such a discount.'

I shall not renew so promptly next year - maybe I shall get a discount!

confused

Post Edited (Dickens) : 28-11-2009 16:24:31 GMT

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 11/29/2009 11:16 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Indeed, we have agreements with different partners resulting in discounts for their costumers.

For example, if you have upgraded recently to Windows 7, you can get a 20% discount for new users: www.bullguard.com/landing-pages/bullguard-internet-security-85-microsoft_windows7.aspx

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 11/29/2009 12:51 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Alin, Thanks for your reply.

:-)

Jimmy12

Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/30/2009 2:24 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Alin Vlad said...
Indeed, we have agreements with different partners resulting in discounts for their costumers.

For example, if you have upgraded recently to Windows 7, you can get a 20% discount for new users: www.bullguard.com/landing-pages/bullguard-internet-security-85-microsoft_windows7.aspx
Any deals on windows vista?

It is nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice! 

Davecobweb

Date Joined Aug 2006

Posted 1/5/2010 7:45 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
I've been using Bullguard for several years now and I'm very happy with the software and also the customer service.
I also have recommended the software to friends and family which they are also now using.
I have never purchased the software direct from Bullguard as the cost is too high! I have always purchased the software from Amazon which for the latest version is now only £10 approx.
Bullguard - keep up the good software and customer service.
Amazon - Keep up the very good prices :)

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 1/6/2010 12:30 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Thanks, Davecobweb. This year I renewed online immediately I received my reminder. It was getting near Christmas and I didn't want to be caught without security. Price: GBP 44.99.

In future I shall join you and NOT purchase my software direct from Bullguard.

mavsat

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/15/2010 5:27 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Hi fellow BG users,

Here prices are just fine : when I bought my new notebook Bg for 2y/3users costed me only 60 euro !
This shop has this Bullguard action every day of the year so I'm not complaining => http://www.comservice.be

Cheers :)

mikej2

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 1/15/2010 8:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard pricing...ConfusedAlert an admin about: Bullguard pricing...Confused
Go to Ebay, I have never paid over £10.00 for a licence, I am a long term user of Bullguard and would rate it up there with the best and so have recommended it to many of my friends.

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard pricing...Confused Printable version of : Bullguard pricing...Confused

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, December 20, 2014 4:56 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,822 posts in 13,360 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36994 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, sitesafecontainment.
12 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Firewall blocking programs without warning/ BsFireTemp Folder (3)12/17/2014 9:18:56 PM (Gavio101)