BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings Printable version of : Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

DeathMagnetic

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 3

Posted 1/6/2013 11:55 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settingsAlert an admin about: Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings
I am having more problems with Bullguard. My DLNA has stopped working and again I am forced to turn off my firewall just to watch a video on my PS3. In addition to that Bullguard keeps handily informing my that I'm performing a port scan an has blocked it, even though I'm doing it from my phone on what I have already told it is a trusted network. These settings were all fine and it all worked (although I had to go through an intense battle just to get DLNA working in the first place) until a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm suddenly faced with Bullguard cutting off every attempt at trying to do anything.

Further to the DLNA problems, I'm being told in the Firewall logs that the rule that's blocking the DLNA discovery on my PS3 and my phone is the "Network Discovery Others (TCP In)" rule which states that all TCP traffic from any IP address should be allowed. wtf?

DeathMagnetic

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 3

Posted 1/7/2013 12:27 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settingsAlert an admin about: Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings
I've fixed the DLNA problem, for some reason the rules had been altered to block all TCP and UDP before the rule to allow UPNP ports was tested. But that now raises the question of why my firewall rules changed at all? I haven't touched anything until having to fix it now.

And the port scan attack problem still remains.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 314

Posted 1/8/2013 2:33 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settingsAlert an admin about: Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings
Hello typhoon_2099,

Please contact our Support Team directly, as we need to check the Firewall logs and rules, and posting them here would be unwise.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings Printable version of : Bullguard suddenly blocking previously fine settings

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, October 25, 2014 10:06 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,698 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 19 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36552 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BigStone.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (29)10/25/2014 7:27:58 AM (Touch)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (13)10/25/2014 3:59:32 AM (BigStone)
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)