BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses? Printable version of : Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

gbstack

Date Joined Aug 2013
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/6/2013 4:12 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
When I tried to run cgminer or bfgminer, "Bullguard has just blocked an infected file on your computer" dialog will show (Please check the attached images)

but cgminer and bfgminer are both open source bitcoin mining softwares.

cgminer download link: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.3/cgm...3.0-windows.zip
bfgminer download link: http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/fi...10.10-win32.zip

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
jpg25.jpg
  124KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 150 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
jpg21.jpg
  159KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 127 time(s).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 8/7/2013 2:34 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
Hello!

BullGuard treats everything that it is not familiar with, as an infection.

Please provide the download links without [...] or send the archives to support@bullguard.com (archives must not be bigger than 2MB). We will submit them to our Virus Lab so they can investigate.

Thank you!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 13

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

gbstack

Date Joined Aug 2013

Posted 8/8/2013 10:11 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
Oh, really sorry about that, I didn't notice the link contains "..."

cgminer: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.3/cgminer-3.3.0-windows.zip
bfgminer: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.3/cgminer-3.3.0-windows.zip

Thanks,

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 8/9/2013 9:24 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
You have given me the same link twice for both cgminer and bfgminer.

I have tested cgminer-3.3.0-windows.zip and it is not detected as being infected by BullGuard, neither the link nor the zip. (Chrome did notify me that the file is suspicious and asked me if I want to discard it.)

In any case, I will give it to our Virus Team.

If you could provide me with the other link i the meantime, it would be great.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

gbstack

Date Joined Aug 2013

Posted 8/10/2013 8:42 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
Sorry for my carelessness, bfgminer download link is: http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/2.10.10/bfgminer-2.10.10-win32.zip

Thanks,

gbstack

Date Joined Aug 2013

Posted 8/10/2013 8:44 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
When you try to run bfgminer.exe or cgminer.exe file, Bitdefender will block their running. Please check the attached images in first post.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 8/10/2013 5:04 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
I will kindly ask you to also upload the two BullGuard logs that show these as infected.

Neither of the two are being blocked on my computer, at least not in the initial stages. We need to see exactly at which point they are blocked.

Thank you!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 8/10/2013 2:12:19 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 8/14/2013 6:50 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?Alert an admin about: Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?
Besides the logs, the Virus Team requires a testing account for the site you are using them on.

Also, describe exactly what these do please.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses? Printable version of : Bullguard treats cgminer and bfgminer as viruses?

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 24, 2014 9:56 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,693 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 27 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36551 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, 270bajigur.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (25)10/24/2014 7:49:17 AM (Touch)