BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome Printable version of : Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 35

Posted 5/22/2013 2:19 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
Hi,

I used the BG-IS 13's system fine tune-up module trying to clean up some internet temp folders/ caches, but I found that the Chrome's internet temp folders/ caches cannot be cleaned/ deleted by BG-IS 13 even though I closed all Chrome browsers. 

Instead, I have to use a third party cleaner program to clean it first, then to run BG-IS 13's system fine tune-up function, then the whole cleaning process can be went thru all the way till it finished.

Any alternative ?

Eddy Vl

Date Joined Mar 2013
Total Posts : 15

Posted 5/23/2013 4:19 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
I'm wondering that Chrome should leave files in the Temp folder.
Which files do you mean? Located in: Windows\Temp or Docs and settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp ?
Which filenames?

Here Chrome makes one or more etilqs_######## file(s) in docs & settings\...\temp but removes them when Chrome is closed.
(files are Hidden-Archive)

If you still mean those etilqs_files, then you should check if Chrome really is closed. One of the add-ons (probably from the games of FB) is causing Chrome to remain active (but it is hidden). Push both the buttons Ctrl and Alt and in the same time Del(ete) to get "Windows Task Manager". Select the tab "Processes", then click on "Image Name". If you still find chrome.exe in the list, the program is still running. (it can cause error reports when shutting down your computer)

But that's a Chrome issue...

Eddy

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/23/2013 5:19 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
See the attached.  Those Chrome .exe still stucked in even I closed all Chrome browsers.
Then, BG-IS warns me to close them all.  But, I did already.  Chrome's remains just don't go away.

Thanks for reply.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
image002.jpg
  107KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 154 time(s).

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/23/2013 5:46 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
I agreed  that it is Chrome's problem.  But BG-IS's fine tune-up cannot clean those Chrome .exe.  I have to use other cleaner program which is strong enough to clean/ delete them.  I hope that BG-IS has this kind of ability to do so.

ie is no problem at all regarding this kind of issue.
Firefox sometime has, but sometime has not, I am not quite sure yet.

It won't bother me even BG-IS cannot force to close Chrome .exe.  I just want to know that if my computer got some problems or not.

Thanks.

survivor

Date Joined May 2013
Total Posts : 10

Posted 5/24/2013 9:28 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
why don't you use CCleaner to clear browsers caches ? it's a reliable and powerful kinda "swiww knife"

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/24/2013 10:35 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
Oh!  I did use CCleaner and it's great to clean all the messy Chrome browser .exe file. 

These Chrome browser .exe, I am not sure which google products they are related, they are always there.  Even I turned on my computer in the very beginning and without touched the Chrome browser at all, these Chrome browser .exe will be there right away.  And, BG-IS cannot get rid of it except CCleaner.

Well, since they don't bother me and not a virus or trojan, so I'll leave them alone.

Thanks for reply.

Eddy Vl

Date Joined Mar 2013

Posted 5/24/2013 1:07 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
As far as I can see your getting several versions of Google Chrome running (hidden) even at startup.

At first they are consuming memory. Second you don't know what connection is on, it could be spyware.

Try to type chrome://plugins in the address-bar of Google chrome. Then you can see which add-ons are used. If you don't trust them, turn them off...
(beware for Babylon or SearchToolbar , if possible remove them)

Eddy

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/24/2013 2:18 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
Hi Eddy,
This is my plug-in jpeg.  Please take a look for me if there is any suspicious add-on in my Chrome.
By the way, my Chrome version is 27.0.1453.93 (stable built).
Thanks Eddy.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
image002.jpg
  60KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 153 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
image002.jpg
  53KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 118 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
image002.jpg
  52KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 127 time(s).

survivor

Date Joined May 2013
Total Posts : 10

Posted 5/24/2013 4:32 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
all items are clean ones, some of them are in chinese I can't read it ;) one question though: are you sure you need all of them ? I'd advise you to remove/disable them and have atry.

Post Edited (survivor) : 5/24/2013 2:32:53 PM GMT

Eddy Vl

Date Joined Mar 2013

Posted 5/24/2013 6:58 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
At first disable them all and see what happens. If the problems are solved, it is one of the plugins.
If not then it's something else, but maybe there are some clues in the history.

I agree with survivor, if not really needed, disable them.
I have Adobe Flash Player, Chrome PDF viewer, Google Update, Java
I should keep Adobe Reader.

Possibly it's "Skype Click to All", especially if Skype is turned on at startup of your computer.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to turn off Skype at startup if it's on, use "Extra" "General settings" --> Run Skype at startup Windows
and restart computer and then try again.

Eddy

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/25/2013 7:31 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
Hi forum,

I tried to close the plug-in: Skype Click to Call, it has no different.  I tried to close all the plug-ins then, it has no different at all.

Then, I un-installed the Chrome thru Windows add/ remove program, and re-started my computer.  Guess what ?  The nastry Chrome .exe still exists and shows up.  I guess these Chrome .exe are the remains/ leftover from the other versions of my Chrome previously.

I did use quite a few versions of Chrome before because they were updated so much from time to time.  I wanted to catch up the latest.  I believed that these remains were from the Chrome dev version or Chrome beta version because they are not a stable built version to be used.  Strange right ?

Now, my question is: does any of you know how to remove my Chrome .exe.  I have no idea where they came from, I mean from which version.  CClean just can delete it from the memory only when you are working, but cannot remove it permanently.  It will come back after re-start the computer.

I'd be grateful if you can show me how to get rid of those Chrome .exe.  Google slogan is: Don't be evil.  Now, I doubt it.

Thanks for reply.

Eddy Vl

Date Joined Mar 2013

Posted 5/25/2013 1:02 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
Google "Uninstal google chrome". Try at first google.support.com.

Eddy

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 5/25/2013 2:38 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
To make all the nastiness go away:

1. Delete the Chrome profile. It's located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
This will make re-installing Chrome get the default settings and remove any nasty plugins.

2. Search for and delete any file or folder named "Chrome". Use the Windows Search to find them all.
The application from your screenshot is located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\Application

3. Lastly, run BullGuard PcTuneup, run a clean and also disable Chrome from starting, from the list with startup items, if it's there.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/25/2013 3:34 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the kind responses.  Finally, my Chrome .exe sticky problem has been solved which I did it by accident. 
When I tried to un-install Chrome browser from Windows add/ remove program, I also saw a "Google Talk Plug-ins".  So, I just gave it a shot, deleted both of them and saw what would happen.

Luckily, all the sticky, nasty Chrome .exe *32 had gone away.  BG-IS fine Tune-up works all the way thru and completed 100%. 
In conclusion, the problem was the "Google Talk Plug-ins" which I had no idea when did I get it.  Maybe when I installed the Google Hangouts in my android emulator, I downloaded it by accident with the PC version in my computer as well.  Anyway, I had no idea about Google's products interaction.

Now, I am a re-born man and I'll install the Chrome browser back again later on with good advice.  Please suggest me which version is the most stable and less problem, I'll go for it.

Thanks forum.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 5/25/2013 10:34 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from ChromeAlert an admin about: Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome
I can never recommend anything less than the last version available (not beta) because of the security reasons.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome Printable version of : Cannot clean/ delete the internet cache/ temp folder from Chrome

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:20 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,775 posts in 13,353 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 4 new threads and 2 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36849 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, tongsampahooho.
7 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Cheap K i tchens UK (0)11/26/2014 4:18:09 PM (tongsampahooho)
Cheap Kitchen Units Sale (0)11/26/2014 6:39:47 AM (montormabor22)
New user having problems (1)11/26/2014 12:03:02 AM (Robert Mateescu)
Spam Box (1)11/25/2014 11:36:36 PM (Robert Mateescu)