BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Cannot get firefox.exe back

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Cannot get firefox.exe back  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot get firefox.exe back Printable version of : Cannot get firefox.exe back
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

AlbertJohn

Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/10/2014 10:54 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot get firefox.exe backAlert an admin about: Cannot get firefox.exe back
Hi there
I have searched everywhere but I cannot find out how to unblock Firefox!

Last night another user agreed to quarantine something, which I think was Firefox, then they rebooted. This morning, no Firefox. I downloaded the installation stub from the Mozilla website, but it keeps calling it an unsafe site. I then agree to let it continue with the download and it downloads. Then when I run the stub it goes to the web to download the necessary files - which I again have to approve. It then downloads the files but as soon as it starts to install them the process stops.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 98

Posted 5/10/2014 11:55 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot get firefox.exe backAlert an admin about: Cannot get firefox.exe back
That's interesting - I've never looked before, but I can't find any way in BIS 2014 of seeing what files are in Quarantine, let alone restore them. In other circumstances I would have suggested removing firefox.exe from Quarantine and adding it to the Firewall rules as a program allowed internet access. Perhaps one of the mods. can advise?

On another point, BIS seems to have issues with the portable versions of Firefox and Thunderbird issued by PortableApps - it always flags them as suspicious files, possibly because they are started from a separate launcher. BullGuard really need to add these to their safe list.

Post Edited (NorthPole) : 5/10/2014 9:56:04 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 5/11/2014 6:26 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot get firefox.exe backAlert an admin about: Cannot get firefox.exe back
@NorthPole: Please use the three dots button (which is meant to mean "more options") from the Antivirus box, on the Main screen, to select Quarantine. From there you can restore any file.

@AlbertJohn: See if Firefox is still being quarantined. Otherwise it may be Windows blocking it, which you can/must unblock, first by right-clicking on the Firefox installation and choosing Properties (if Windows is blocking the file you Will have an Unblock button in the General tab) and second, if the installation was being blocked, you may need to unblock Firefox.exe itself.
I am afraid though, that you need to do a complete reinstall of Firefox: kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_firefox

If neither of the steps above work, contact BullGuard Support and ask for help there.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 98

Posted 5/11/2014 10:59 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot get firefox.exe backAlert an admin about: Cannot get firefox.exe back
Andreea-Luciana Ostache said...
@NorthPole: Please use the three dots button (which is meant to mean "more options") from the Antivirus box, on the Main screen, to select Quarantine. From there you can restore any file.

Oh, that's where it is! Thanks Andreea.

AlbertJohn

Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/11/2014 5:28 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot get firefox.exe backAlert an admin about: Cannot get firefox.exe back
Hi there

I have finally got it back. Instead of trying to do the download from the Mozilla site, I downloaded the Firefox programme from download.cnet.com instead and then ran it - smooth. Ah! Stress free again.
Thanks for your assistance

And, the three buttons - well disguised! Finally know where the quarantined files go. More options indeed!

Cheers
AJ

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 5/12/2014 6:01 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Cannot get firefox.exe backAlert an admin about: Cannot get firefox.exe back
BullGuard is not deaf at the requests and preferences of our users. Things will get better, soon.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot get firefox.exe back Printable version of : Cannot get firefox.exe back

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 31, 2014 8:59 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,718 posts in 13,337 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 7 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36594 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, mtkyytpw.
5 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
LaurenTyler
5 Latest Threads
Cheap Kitchen Units In UK (0)10/31/2014 6:48:00 AM (mtkyytpw)
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)
Cheap Kitchen Units In Leeds UK (0)10/31/2014 1:45:44 AM (ceagceog8)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (19)10/30/2014 6:35:00 PM (LeoK)
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (35)10/28/2014 7:50:29 PM (Deb1957)