BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Cannot refresh BG update manually ?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Cannot refresh BG update manually ?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot refresh BG update manually ? Printable version of : Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 35

Posted 5/27/2012 4:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?Alert an admin about: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
I could not refresh my update manually.  Message given was like "CANNOT CONNECT TO THE WEBSERVER".  Did anyone could give me an advice ?  My internet connection is good.   Internet option is checked all the SSL & TLS (even though I don't know much about them) that was suggest by tech people. 
Did anyone encounter my problem and give me some advice ?
Thanks

iJonas

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 7

Posted 5/27/2012 7:30 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?Alert an admin about: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
I assume you mean updating it manually.
Do you have any other firewall software running on your PC? It might conflict with Bullguard and block Bullguard from accessing the server where the update is located.
Try disabling Windows Firewall, just to see if that is causing the problem.

Whitehat hacker/security enthusiast

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/28/2012 5:07 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?Alert an admin about: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
Hi, I did disable Windows Firewall, but still the same. I also requested remote assistance disabling Windows Firewall for me, but also still the same. Anyone got any idea for what is happening ? It used to be working fine, I won't change any setting. Now, it is very distributing for me. No refresh update means cannot receive new virus definitions, right ?

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 299

Posted 5/28/2012 10:25 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?Alert an admin about: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
This may work:

Completely uninstall BullGuard - when prompted do NOT save your settings.

Restart your computer.

Download and reinstall BulGuard from www.bullguard.com. Download from the 60 day trial option - your subscription details will be recognised by Bullguard when you are prompted to enter your login details.

It is not necessary to manually update BullGuard - Setting>Updates will allow BullGuard to check for updates and download them automatically.

Post Edited (Dickens) : 28-05-2012 09:10:13 GMT

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/28/2012 3:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?Alert an admin about: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
Thanks Dickens for the suggestion.
But, still no use. I tried to un-install BG 12 without check the setting box, same problem happened again. Also, I re-did it again, such as without or with the check box setting, same problem happened. But, you still gave me a good idea to do with.

Then, I install other brand to test, brand "A" product, and got 2 logs files. My problem also happened in the other brands, "CANNOT DO THE UPDATE" or "UPDATE ERROR", some things like that. Did my notebook get infected by virus ? Why I cannot connect to the webserver ? I got the logs in text, if anyone need to take a look, I can send it to you for the details analyze. I only know a little about computer, and even less know about networking.

Please give me your idea, I hope this great forum can solve my problem. Also, I hope the BG tech people could send me the solution, too.

I am waiting, and hoping the best.

stanleywan

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 5/29/2012 12:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?Alert an admin about: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
My problem is fixed.

The problem is: I was using WiFi connection 802.11-g and the location where I received the signal was something wrong, or I should said that router's got wrong. Then, I switched my working place to another building, every problem was solved. No more "CANNOT CONNECT TO THE WEBSERVER". So, this is the internet gateway side's problem, more likely is the router setting. But, I have no idea what was going on.

If anyone who understands what is wrong with the router setting, or the firewall of the gateway which could block BG-IS update, please post your best suggestion or solution here. I can pass this expertise networking advice to the building management, and see if they will fix their problem.

Anyway, thanks all the tech people here, they had been remote assisted me, and the replied posts above. You guys are great.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 299

Posted 5/29/2012 12:22 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?Alert an admin about: Cannot refresh BG update manually ?
Thanks for your response - good to hear that all is now OK.

:-)

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot refresh BG update manually ? Printable version of : Cannot refresh BG update manually ?

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:24 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,516 posts in 13,304 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 4 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36135 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, ludwinas.
2 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Firewall causing high CPU usage (3)7/22/2014 7:11:23 AM (ludwinas)
Kitchen Burnley (0)7/22/2014 7:01:23 AM (selasa15)
Cant delete annoying music downloader help? (0)7/22/2014 4:06:33 AM (AthruZGaming)
Coventry Kitchen (0)7/22/2014 1:37:36 AM (vasbungas)
Python.exe is malware?? (0)7/21/2014 4:13:18 AM (Leto)