BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky Printable version of : Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Jaqmar2001

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 8

Posted 12/20/2007 5:33 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot remove Worm.Win32.NetskyAlert an admin about: Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky
While surfing the Net, the bad habit I have, I clicked on a popup icon on the toolbar to unblock popups, and my laptop got infected with a virus called - Worm.Win32.Netsky

After doing some scans with Bullguard, I managed to get rid of it, but the virus icons are still on my desktop and Internet Explorer.

ALSO, can anyone advise me weather Bullguard is the best on the market? And could I use another antivirus program which would work with Bullguard, without slowing my computer down?

Thank you.

Martin. 

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 12/20/2007 8:33 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot remove Worm.Win32.NetskyAlert an admin about: Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky
Hi Martin smile

About the question having two Antivirus -

"Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and  will typically cause your computer to crash, and will provide less protection. Not more."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (normally C:), and launch from there.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad as you will be in Safe Mode and unable to refer to this page.

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually)
Double-click on SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.
A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, normally  C:\rapport.txt

process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs as a "RiskTool". It is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.

1. Get this version of Hijackthis from http://danborg.org/spy/hjt/alternativ.exe

Save it in a permanent folder of your choice, such as C:\HJT\. To create this specific folder on your hard drive: Double click the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop, then under the category hard disk drives: double click Local Disk:, then select file->New -> Folder and name it HJT
3 Run hijackthis.  (alternativ exe).

Choose the "Do a system scan and save a log file" option to perform your scan.
HijackThis will analyze your system, and automatically open a notepad textfile containing the HijackThis log when the scan is finished.
Open the text files containing the logs with a text editor and click Edit -> Select All, followed by Edit -> Copy.
From within the browser window and with the message body text box selected, click Edit -> Paste.

Post a  hijackthis log  with rapport txt, and tell how your computer are behaving

Do NOT post your problem in someone elses thread.

Jaqmar2001

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 8

Posted 12/26/2007 6:35 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Cannot remove Worm.Win32.NetskyAlert an admin about: Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky
Thanks. I managed to buy a program from Sweden called - Ad-Aware Pro 2007 from Lavasoft, and it successfully removed the virus, Worm.Win32.Netsky, from my laptop.
I am now running Bullguard v.8 and Ad-Aware Pro 2007 simultaneously and it's working perfect.
Martin.

Martin
United Kingdom

New Topic Post reply to : Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky Printable version of : Cannot remove Worm.Win32.Netsky

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, October 20, 2014 7:22 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,670 posts in 13,334 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36535 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, John_Don.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
My computer started running slow AFTER I installed bullguard (2)10/20/2014 1:21:09 AM (John_Don)