BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off Printable version of : Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

westmoors

Date Joined Feb 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 2/3/2013 1:04 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
Hi, I have been a user of Bullguard for some years and have been very satisfied with it, but recently on changing computers to a higher spec and windows 7 & 64 bit system and also the latest Bullguard version it refuses to allow me to open my Paypal account or even pay by this method on any other site, but no problems with any other credit or debit payment methods

Turn off the firewall, log onto Paypal and all is fine, I can also switch the firewall on after logging onto Paypal and it works.

Bullguard were contacted and after several exchanges of emails and instructions when I kept sending log reports with no success on the last report they asked me to check items I did not even have installed and the last log report I sent did not arrive only a blank page, so you can see I am not that technically minded, I would rate myself as only average.
Bullguard do think at times they are dealing with someone on equal terms regarding the level of skills in IT.

I just wondered if anyone has come up against this problem and found a cure. westmoors

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 2/3/2013 5:55 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you are confronted with.

Our entire program and solutions are based on the End user, which can be anything from a child to an elderly person. We do not mean to be technical or inapproachable. However, if someone contacts us and asks us about an issue, we can only tell them what is going on. This may imply using technical details about the computer.

To explain a little about what is happening in your case, the problem is caused by all of these combined: PayPal, Java, the Firewall and your network configuration (modem/router settings).
Because this is not a general issue (affecting all users), we require the logs to understand exactly where the problem lies.

In the meantime, contact our support via Live Chat, so we can connect to your computer and see if we can solve the issue directly.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

DoctorLogic

Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 2/3/2013 8:37 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
Yes, in my case Java was disabled which meant that I could not connect to PayPal.com. Have you managed to resolve your problem yet?

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 282

Posted 2/6/2013 12:43 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
Hi there,

Do you have Rapport installed on your machine?

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

MarcusM

Date Joined Feb 2013

Posted 2/6/2013 8:59 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
We too have had this problem not being able to view paypal for months now with no satisfactory solution from Bullguard. We have submitted log reports upon long reports, exchanged emails, live chat and even allowed remote assistance which still didn't fix the problem. Unless we turn off our Firewall we cannot access paypal. There is something new that Bullguard has changed and believe it's to do with one of their updates (within the last 4 months or so) which has stopped us from viewing paypal.co.uk and paypal.com as it was working perfectly well previous to this.

A similar problem happened earlier last year where Bullguard blocked freewebs.com and other websites which we were able to view before a particular update was installed. They acknowledged and fixed the problem which was rectified on the next update. However Bullguard seem to refuse to believe it's to do with an update issue as no-one else was complaining of this problem.

However with the regard to viewing paypal with Bullguard's firewall on is impossible. Their instructions to us via their live chat did not solve the issue, the sending of our logs did not resolve the issue and remote access did not resolve the issue.

Everytime we visit paypal now we have to turn off our firewall and this is not satisfactory at all. We were satisfied with Bullguard previous to this problem but cannot say the same now.

If anyone has a solution or any ideas for us to try please let us know.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 282

Posted 2/6/2013 10:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
The issue is caused by a software conflict with the following applications (the list is still open):
Trusteer Rapport
McAfee Child Protection

Whilst one of the above is active, https logins are blocked by the BullGuard Firewall.

Our team is looking into this and we should have a fix as soon as possible. Until then, you can either uninstall the mentioned applications or temporary close the BullGuard Firewall.

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

priceworld

Date Joined Feb 2013

Posted 2/26/2013 9:39 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
I too have this problem.

Snappy222

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 3

Posted 2/26/2013 4:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
Good result for us! We uninstalled Java and we can now access Paypal normally again.

The link below will guide you regarding disabling Java and tells you why this is happening to some people.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/08/30/how-turn-off-java-browser/

Dick Dock

Date Joined Apr 2013

Posted 4/12/2013 6:36 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
I have also installed new computer, Win 7 pro 64 bit and am having same problem with Pay pal not opening unless firewall turned off.Have emailed support and they are asking if Trustee Rapport is installed

Dick Dock

Date Joined Apr 2013

Posted 4/13/2013 10:40 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
Below is Bullguards response to the problem opening Pay Pal. Since it is suggested that windows firewall is turned of whilst using Bullguard is my computer at risk when using Pay pal site? I am definitely not going to uninstall Rapport. Switch to a different security software?

Thank you for contacting BullGuard Support.

You can do the following two things, uninstall Trusteer Report or you can disable BullGuard Firewall temporarily by following these steps:

1. Go to Start > All Programs > BullGuard.
2. In the BullGuard application click on the "SETTINGS" button.
3. Go to the "Firewall" section and disable this BullGuard engine by clicking on the "OFF" button, then on the "Save" button.
4. Re-enable Firewall after finishing the Paypal session.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 4/13/2013 3:15 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
I will kindly ask you to follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall BullGuard from your computer by going to Start > Computer > Program Files > BullGuard Ltd > BullGuard > Uninst.exe.
Note: Make sure to uncheck the "Keep settings" box.

Restart your computer.

2. Reinstall BullGuard from here: downloads.bullguard.com/BullGuardDownloader.exe

Restart your computer.

In case you have forgotten your password, you can reset it from here: /www.bullguard.com/password-recovery.aspx

The issue has been solved, so all you need to do is upgrade, without keeping the old settings.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Dick Dock

Date Joined Apr 2013

Posted 4/13/2013 3:54 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned offAlert an admin about: Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off
Many thanks for prompt response to problems with Pay Pal being blocked.I have carried out instructions shown above and Pay Pal is no longer blocked.

New Topic Post reply to : Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off Printable version of : Can't access PayPal unless the firewall is turned off

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:50 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,585 posts in 13,313 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36305 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Gordana Daniel.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (3)8/31/2014 11:20:08 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Blocking of sites (5)8/31/2014 6:53:45 PM (Robert Mateescu)