BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Crackling Audio With Bullguard

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Crackling Audio With Bullguard  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Crackling Audio With Bullguard Printable version of : Crackling Audio With Bullguard
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Chris.B

Date Joined Aug 2014
Total Posts : 6

Posted 8/9/2014 5:00 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
Hello, I am a recent user of Bullguard Security having stopped using Bitdefender. Although I have suffered no security issues with my computer, when browsing the Internet (Google Chrome) it is difficult to listen to music via WMP, iTunes or Spotify as the audio will crackle when pages are loading. This never happened with previous virus protectors so it seems that Bullguard is the problem. This also happens with Youtube videos, etc.

Running programs whilst listening to music is fine, it is only when browsing the Internet that this issue occurs. Sometimes it is tolerable and lasts only a few seconds, some pages it will completely slowdown audio playback.

I am using Windows 8 and Bullguard 14.1, and most of my drivers are up-to-date as far as I am aware.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 297

Posted 8/10/2014 5:49 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
Hello Chris,

Please follow the steps recommended in this
post.

Let me know the result.

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Chris.B

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 8/10/2014 9:00 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
I attempted the solution in the first post (regarding the driver updating) but Command Prompt wasn't working how it was supposed to as outlined in the guide.

Should I try the steps in your second post? If so I'll try it and respond in a couple of days.

Thanks

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 8/11/2014 2:22 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
Hello Chris,

Please follow the steps from the second post and let me know if the issue is solved.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Chris.B

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 8/14/2014 7:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
Can step 9 be done from installing it via a disc like I did last time?

Chris.B

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 8/15/2014 1:27 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
Unfortunately this has not helped, the staticy sound still occurs.

klimek69

Date Joined Apr 2014
Total Posts : 11

Posted 8/16/2014 9:26 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
try turning off the firewal and let me know if helped

Chris.B

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 8/16/2014 5:28 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
It appears so...I'm presuming this isn't the solution though? I'm not expert but isn't a lack of a firewall suicide?

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 9/20/2014 5:21 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
Hi there,

Can you please update your BullGuard to the latest version (14.1.285.3), reboot the PC and check if the issue persists?

Thanks

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Chris.B

Date Joined Aug 2014

Posted 9/21/2014 10:57 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Crackling Audio With BullguardAlert an admin about: Crackling Audio With Bullguard
I will do, however I've disabled the firewall from Bullguard and enabled Windows Firewall and I've had no problems. So I will probably just leave it as it as.

Thanks for your help

New Topic Post reply to : Crackling Audio With Bullguard Printable version of : Crackling Audio With Bullguard

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, October 01, 2014 1:25 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,627 posts in 13,327 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36449 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Alice Blan.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard antivirus offline (0)10/1/2014 5:08:09 AM (Sabuz Ahmed)