BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Empty tmp folders

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Empty tmp folders  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Empty tmp folders Printable version of : Empty tmp folders
46 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

motosuzy

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted 1/12/2012 11:32 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Hello, i'm here to post a strange issue so far by when i have installed Bullguard Antivirus 12. The software create a lot of tmp000* empty folders in my "C:\Windows\Temp" directory.
One of those folders is always locked by the Antivirus within one tmp00000000 file of 0 bytes, and the others can be deleted. Is this a bug to be corrected? It's a little boring to delete every day those folders, and i also think that if i dont delete they will grow infinitely.

My system spec: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, Bullguard Antivirus (licensed) 12.0.210.

Thank you in advance for your attention and i extend cordial greetings. Sorry for my bad english.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 313

Posted 1/13/2012 5:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Hello motosuzy,

I have forwarded your issue to our Devel team.

I will kindly ask you to follow the procedure below:

A. Generate the system summary:
1. Download the attached ZIP archive on your Desktop.
2. Double-click the archive in order to open it and drag the BGsst.bat script on your Desktop.
3. Double-click the BGsst.bat file in order to execute it.
4. The BGsst.cab archive will be created on your Desktop when the scan completes.
5. Attach the generated file to your reply message for analysis.

B. Generate the BullGuard application logs:
1. Browse to this location: C:\Program Files\BullGuard Ltd\BullGuard\Support
2. Double-click on CollectLogs.bat and allow the black CommandPrompt screen to disappear.
3. Attach to your reply the BullGuardLogs.cab file generated on your Desktop.

C. Make a screenshot in which the created temp folders are clearly visible. Moreover, right click on one of them ->properties. Drag the window to not cover your folders.

D. Send all the above to support@bullguard.com. Include the link to this thread in your email.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

File Attachment :
BGsst.zip   264KB (application/zip)
This file has been downloaded 239 time(s).

motosuzy

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 1/13/2012 5:39 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Ok, i have zipped all in this rar archive and also emailed all the content to support@bullguard.com

Post Edited (motosuzy) : 13-01-2012 14:46:03 GMT

File Attachment :
Desktop.rar   997KB (application/force-download)
This file has been downloaded 224 time(s).

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 313

Posted 1/13/2012 6:21 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Hi there,

Thank you for the email. Our QA team have been able to reproduce the issue and the case will be solved via an update as soon as possible.
We have added 3 months of subscription to your account as a small reward for your help and cooperation.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

motosuzy

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 1/13/2012 6:34 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Oh, nice very thanks! hop

motosuzy

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 2/7/2012 9:38 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Robert Mateescu said...
Hi there,

Thank you for the email. Our QA team have been able to reproduce the issue and the case will be solved via an update as soon as possible.
We have added 3 months of subscription to your account as a small reward for your help and cooperation.

Best wishes!

Are now almost 2 months since my report, and I must sadly say that the problem is still present in my PC. However, I must thank the team for the addition of 3 months at my license, but a solution to the bug would be really appreciated.

Sincerely, motosuzy

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 96

Posted 2/9/2012 4:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Same issue here, using BullGuard IS 12.0.213 and Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

motosuzy

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 2/10/2012 4:35 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
All is ok now, i just used half hour of my time to switch from bullguard to unthreat: almost same quality of protection, nothing to pay, more speed on startup of system and finally this stupid problem is gone away. The bad thing is only i have wasted some money... sad

Best regards, motosuzy.

Post Edited (motosuzy) : 10-02-2012 13:37:14 GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 2/11/2012 10:43 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
We are sorry to see you go, but we understand that you need to follow your own best interest.

For all other users that are bothered by this issue, please use the BullGuard TuneUp to delete the temporary files, for the moment. The issue has left QA and is now being handled by our developers. This means that a fix will be available as soon as possible.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/26/2012 12:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Any more news as to a fix date for this issue? - many TMP files still being created when using BullGuard IS 12.0.215 and Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12976

Posted 3/26/2012 3:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
It´s not a fix, but you can prevent them being installed.

Click on the General settings button, then go to  - Advanced settings - and Uncheck Heuristic detection.

It should do the trick.

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted. 

Katiem

Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/17/2012 5:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Ive just seen this post and looked - ive nearly 7000 of these files!!!!! Has this been fixed since???

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 5/18/2012 8:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
confused Still being generated using BullGuard IS 12.0.220 and Windows 7 x64 Home Premium; earlier assurances that the issue would soon be fixed don't seem to have had any effect.

Katiem

Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/19/2012 1:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Does having all these files make any huge difference otherthan being a bit of a nuscience having them all gathering there? Sizewize they are empty folders....??

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/21/2012 10:31 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Just to let you know, we are again looking into this. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/25/2012 3:44 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Ok, so the Cteng.dat files are used by the Behavioural engine and you should be able to remove them. Everything is as it should be. The rest of the files in the Windows Temp can also be deleted and one "Temp.random.number" folder will always remain there and you can not delete it.

Simply select all the files from there and press Shift+Delete on your keyboard to permanently remove the files. Whatever you can not delete, should not be deleted.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Thomas900

Date Joined Mar 2013

Posted 3/4/2013 4:32 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Hi
Wow i just looked and i seem to have 13000+ of these empty folders. Bullguard tuneup does not delete them.

Regards
John

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 3/7/2013 2:41 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Do you have BullGuard 13 installed on your computer John?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Thomas900

Date Joined Mar 2013

Posted 3/7/2013 2:58 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Hi

yes bullguard 13 installed abt 2 months ago from 12. I had a problem with the behavioural scanner and tec support suggested upgrading. The folders are dated from 03-01-2009 up todays date 07-03-2013 and all apprear to be empty folders. As i said pc tune up does not get rid of them.I use it on a regular basis.

Regards
John

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 3/10/2013 4:28 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Did you uninstall BullGuard 12 without keeping the settings, as advised, or did you just ran the installation to upgrade from 12 to 13?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Thomas900

Date Joined Mar 2013

Posted 3/11/2013 2:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
If i remember correctly i was given a link for the upgrade which did the uninstall and reinstall automatically. Nothing came up about keeping or not keeping the settings. I have managed to manually delete the empty tmp000* folders but they are building up again
Regards
John

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 3/13/2013 12:24 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Try and uninstall BullGuard completely from your computer, then re-install it by downloading it from our site.

Let me know if you have any more issues after that.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Eddy Vl

Date Joined Mar 2013
Total Posts : 15

Posted 3/28/2013 10:53 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Try and uninstall BullGuard completely from your computer, then re-install it by downloading it from our site. said...

Re-Install wont help. Here Bullguard is installed on 3 PC's: 2-laptops and one desktop. (All operating with XP)

-The last one is installed with the latest version as a replacement of Windows essentials, on 12/29/2012, thus starting with a "clean sheet".
Resulting in 4778 TMP directories.

-The second laptop has also a few thousand TMP and was cleaned around New Year.

-The desktop had 14000 TMP files.
Bullguard was installed on 03/18/2011.
From that moment on there where undeleted TMP directories. At first about six files a week, with intervals of a few days.
From 11/21/2011 it starts to be daily (Upgrade new version?), 6 files a day. Now it's about 40 files a day...

Obviously it's related to the update rate, and the number of files to be transferred.

When I turn of all activity and clean the windows/temp, Bullguard makes ONE directory and keeps it locked (deleting causes "In Use by...)
When I do another restart, the directory has disappeared and is replaced by another one (and locked again)

This is how it should work!

I now can turn on every activity, except "updates" and I still have one directory.

Until I turn on "Updates", then it "rains" directories, and when set the time to 1 hour, there are even more...
(so it's no a start and shutdown problem, the computer is on line then...)

Conclusion:
Bullguardupdate(2).exe did not work correctly from the start and is still not working as it should.

The first item in this post is dated 1/12/2013. Is it not about time that someone solves this problem?

In my opinion it can't be that difficult if you have the source-files to set a breakpoint in Bullgardupdate.exe at the point where the directories
are deleted and see if it passes? (and if they are removed) Or a message-box?. And as far as I know, you can create a separate partition wit XP on it which can
be selected at startup.

And the least you can do is adding a clean-up of the TMP directories in the Tune Up....

Greetz,

Eddy Vl

Baedric

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 14

Posted 4/2/2013 2:33 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Same issue here. I have an ever growing temp folder...

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/2/2013 3:36 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Empty tmp foldersAlert an admin about: Empty tmp folders
Please allow me to make myself clear, as I see that there is a little misunderstanding.

UNINSTALL BullGuard completely, WITHOUT KEEPING THE SETTINGS.

Then reinstall the latest version.

IF the issue persists then, let me know.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Empty tmp folders Printable version of : Empty tmp folders
46 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:04 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,670 posts in 13,331 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36544 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, gsm ashik.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (6)10/21/2014 9:31:52 PM (Deb1957)
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)