BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS! Printable version of : FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

dallas7

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 15

Posted 11/1/2012 8:50 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!Alert an admin about: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!
I have BG-AV set to update every hour. But I like to run the manual update just prior to any online banking or commerce as 99% of the time there are antiphishing defintions available.

Imagine my suprise to find BG was waiting on a system restart for the .253 update. And Bullguard Status was showing "No actions needed."

No where in the forum on your web site is there ANY way for YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS to find out what the latest version is!! As of this point in time, I am completely in the dark as to when this .253 update came in.

In the almost two months I've been running it, Bullguard has twice blocked drive-by attacks from the Web. But I am seriously infuriated and insulted that your corporate policy is to KEEP ME IN THE DARK about updates for an application I PAID FOR to help protect my system and identity.

NO ONE ELSE DOES IT THAT WAY. I can visit the site of a free PDF reader and an email notifier or and file manager and... well, everything else I run really and view versions, histories, change logs. Oh, and Emsisoft Online Armor, Zemana AntiLogger, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Many of these have forums where they make... ANNOUNCEMENTS!! Shocking, I know.

This is a no-brainer: Get off your hind ends and:
1) On the product Web pages add the text, Version NN.N.NNN, Month Day Year
2) In the forum's Bullguard zone add an Announcements or Updates or, well you can figure it out hopefully...

Fix the application's broken notifications. See the attachment.

And, I'm really going off the deep end here: You know that Enable Communication screen that "Enables the application to display a window with information about your BullGuard subscription, new viruses or viral outbreaks, BullGuard promotions or new versions." You maybe want to use it?? Just thinking out loud here.

"Machines making machines! How perverse." -C3PO
BullGuard AV 2013 - Online Armor Premium - Zemana AntiLogger - Malwarebytes Pro
• Win7hpSP1x64 • i7-3770K/Z77/AMD HD 7770 Tower • i5-2430M/H65/iHD3000 Laptop •

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
BGAVnotifyNot.jpg
  91KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 155 time(s).

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 99

Posted 11/2/2012 12:47 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!Alert an admin about: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!
I have suggested previously in these forums that BullGuard post a changelog somewhere, but I got no positive response. I am also sure that earlier versions of the program did indicate when a re-start was advised after updating, but no longer it seems!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 11/3/2012 8:10 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!Alert an admin about: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!
Thank you for the feedback!

However, please post all such feedback to:
1. feedback.bullguard.com
2. Write an e-mail message to feedback.bullguard.com

This way your suggestions and feedback reach our developers and managers faster than just by posting on the forum.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

dallas7

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 15

Posted 11/9/2012 10:06 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!Alert an admin about: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!
I used feedback for the similarly botched .251 to .252 upgrade - support ticket 2D3-18011730-0202. And on October 9, "Publish Updates & Changelogs."

I don't know why this forum posting can't be brought to the attention of BG staff. But I'll follow your suggestion and open a feedback with a link to this topic. IMHO, this is a far better venue as it makes public BG's deficiency in this critical user experience.

I believe that Mr. Mateescu's philosophy might be at work here as evidenced by his statement in a posting at the Wild-duhs Security clown show, uh, forum, "As you might know, there are viruses that target certain antiviruses. Giving an official announcement would give malware creators the time needed to develop specific tools to target our users."

Well, if that's the case you should fix that hole as no one else seems to be threatened by it. And that includes...
http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

I want to repeat AGAIN, that I am a paying customer (I have BG-IS licenses, too) and as of this moment there is no way that I can find to determine if .253 is the latest version or not!

Your upgrade user interface is in serious need of fixing. Granted, that might take time but you can create an update topic here as well as add a simple text string with that data on the product Web site... right now. Do it.

Thank you.

Post Edited (dallas7) : 11/9/2012 8:20:49 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 11/11/2012 3:26 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!Alert an admin about: FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!
No one is dismissing your feedback. We are, believe it or not, grateful for any notifications, opinions and suggestions.

However, since there is a way to communicate directly with our developers through our feedback site, they will want to see your post there and see users vote for it. That is why I suggested you post there.

Sending an e-mail to feedback@bullguard.com will also reach them directly.

All the best!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS! Printable version of : FIX THE UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS!

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:49 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,788 posts in 13,353 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 13 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36880 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Rajanpatel.
11 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
"Backup" did not complete due to error 102 (2)11/28/2014 9:15:10 PM (newfree)
Amazon infected download (7)11/28/2014 8:55:41 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Is there a future for the Forum? (7)11/27/2014 3:26:01 PM (Dickens)
New user having problems (2)11/26/2014 9:28:17 PM (Diski)