Welcome to the BullGuard Forum! Please understand that once you have registered as a new user, you consequently agree with ALL THE FORUM RULES written below. These rules were designed to ensure you get the most from interacting with other users in a pleasant and constructive manner and to prevent any sort of abuse.
Users are not allowed to use clones (using more than one account by a single person). In order to avoid unpleasant situations, we recommend you change your password on a regular basis. You can choose any password with a minimum of 3 characters. A good password would contain capital letters, blank spaces, numbers or special characters (such as @, #, $, or %). If you encounter any problems during the registration process, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a detailed description, as well as the desired password and username. We will do our best to solve these issues as soon as possible.
FORUM SIGNATURES, AVATARS AND DISPLAY NAMES
The signature is optional on the forum, and should be a personal message of the user that chooses it.
The following will NOT be tolerated:
1. Use of excessive smilies in the signatures. 2. Use of too many special characters (!@#$%*). 3. Use of images higher than 300 pixels width and/or 100 pixels height. 4. Offensive and/or racial or anti-semitic images or messages. 5. The use of images or text containing the words “Moderator”, “Administrator” or “Admin” in the signatures. These will only confuse other users. 6. The use of images taken from other users of this forum. Please use unique avatars.
The same rules apply to the display name (the one chosen in your User Control Panel> the Edit Profile tab). The avatar must be of 75 pixels width and 75 pixels height. If it does not fit, it will be automatically resized. The size must be of 50KB or below.
These are the custom titles:
1 post = New Member 50 posts = Junior Member 100 posts = Trusted Member 500 posts = Senior Member 1500 posts = Gold Member
Those who repeatedly violate these rules will receive a warning. Users with 3 warnings will be banned from using the BullGuard forum. If you have been banned from the forum and wish to access it again, write an email to alex_sarchiz [at] bullguard [dot] com and the issue will be analyzed.
1. Topic titles must be as concise as possible, and starting posts must provide relevant information on the issues included, to ensure a fast and precise response from those who are willing to help. For example: avoid titles such as “Heeeeeelp!” but instead write “Problem with my network driver” or “Question about the BullGuard Firewall”. The last two titles have a lot more chances of receiving fast responses. Also, topic titles such as “Program X sucks! “ together with the lack of any constructive arguments will not be tolerated. In case that you wish to post your opinion regarding a certain software or company, please bring real arguments into the discussion and avoid all defamatory posting.
2. Offtopic replies (those that have nothing to do with the topic) will be deleted.
3. Before opening a new topic, we strongly suggest that you use the SEARCH button, to be sure that the problem was not already discussed.
4. Do not ask the same thing on more sections of the forum. Do not post the same topic more than once. Twin topics will be removed in order to avoid confusion.
5. Do NOT request warez software, cracks, serial numbers or any other actions which involve software piracy. Topics and replies related to cracking security software, advice on breaching security systems, cracking security protocols, flood attacks or posts that promote cracking or Internet attacks in any way will be deleted at once and the users that posted them will have their accounts suspended at once.
6. Please avoid topic titles such as “URGENT” since all cases are treated as soon as possible.
7. Do not post logs other than HijackThis! logs, unless a moderator or a trained helper has specifically asked you to do so.
8. Please do NOT send private messages to Moderators with your HijackThis! logs. By doing so, you will NOT receive a faster response than other users who post their logs in their threads. All users are treated equally.
9. Do NOT post your HijackThis! log in topics started by other users unless you are specifically asked to do so. This will only add confusion and will not ensure a faster response. Please open a separate topic with your own HijackThis! log.
10. Please be patient – there are a lot of issues on the forum and we are doing the best we can to answer them all. Therefore, you may receive your answer immediately, but it may also take several days just as well.
11. We do not allow people to post threads that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitating in sigs is also prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Thank you in advance for observing all the above mentioned rules. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BullGuard reserves the right to adjust the forum rules in the future, if needed.
Again, thank you for joining on the BullGuard forum. We are confident that your contribution will be helpful for all the members of this community.Alex Sarchiz Senior Support Technician email@example.com www.bullguard.com