BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Firewall and a local network printer

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Firewall and a local network printer  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Firewall and a local network printer Printable version of : Firewall and a local network printer
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 27

Posted 6/16/2013 8:28 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall and a local network printerAlert an admin about: Firewall and a local network printer
Hi,

I have a HP Officejet 6600 wireless printer, and normall it works fine. Except sometimes the printer isn't found, and I can't scan. If I then disable Bullguard's firewall, I can connect find. If I then enable the firewall shortly afterwards, the connection is still there.

My printer is connected on my local network, with a fixed IP.

I have no trouble using this printer under Linux, with no firewall. So I'm certain its Bullguard's firewall that is causing a problem now and again. I have Windows firewall turned off of course.

Under the list of trusted networks is my local network (192.168.0.0). So it should be OK (but sometimes it isn't)

But do I need to do more ? Can I set the firewall to allow all traffic for my printer address, so that it will always work ?

Best Regards

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 6/16/2013 10:58 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall and a local network printerAlert an admin about: Firewall and a local network printer
If the printer has a fixed address, you need to tell BullGuard to allow that connection.

Please contact support for this issue, so we can get your logs and accurately advise on the matter.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 13

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

J Moore

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 27

Posted 6/17/2013 9:50 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall and a local network printerAlert an admin about: Firewall and a local network printer
By fixed address, I mean my DHCP server is assigning a local network address. My DHCP server is my wireless LAN access point.

So the address is just a normal address on my local network. If I didn't fix the address, then it would be assigned one in the range of my local network.

How can I just setup the firewall, so that communication on my local network isn't stopped by the bullguard firewall ? I've ticked the "trusted network" box, but are there more steps to do ?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 6/18/2013 1:48 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall and a local network printerAlert an admin about: Firewall and a local network printer
I can not assist you without the logs. I stand by my recommendation to contact Support, so we can get the logs and see where the problem is.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 13

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Firewall and a local network printer Printable version of : Firewall and a local network printer

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 31, 2014 8:39 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,718 posts in 13,336 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36605 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, wayahpanas.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (20)10/31/2014 1:28:48 PM (klimek69)
Cheap Kitchens Newcastle (0)10/31/2014 11:45:29 AM (wayahpanas)
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)