BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Firewall causing high CPU usage

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Firewall causing high CPU usage  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Firewall causing high CPU usage Printable version of : Firewall causing high CPU usage
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Mike G

Date Joined Jun 2014
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/16/2014 5:54 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall causing high CPU usageAlert an admin about: Firewall causing high CPU usage
Hi,

I've been having this problem for awhile now, when my computer tries to load a large number of internet connections, it will slow down massively, the mouse will stutter, sound will freeze in a loop, fans go manic etc..
This is particularly noticeable while using a torrent but it also happens with a large number of firefox windows, and seems to occur more often when the computer has been on for awhile.

The process which is taking up the CPU is called NT & Kernel (sometimes svghost) and it can run up to 100% CPU usage across all 4 i7 cores.

I have run an analysis in the cmd prompt and established that the process inside of NT & Kernel causing the issue is called afwcore http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=AfwCore.sys
After seeing that this is a firewall driver i began to experiment and have established that the Bullguard firewall is causing the issue.

Turning off the firewall during an episode immediately fixes the issue, and the problem does not occur with the windows firewall turned on instead.

Please can you advise what my next step would be? thanks

Mike

klimek69

Date Joined Apr 2014
Total Posts : 15

Posted 7/16/2014 8:15 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall causing high CPU usageAlert an admin about: Firewall causing high CPU usage
again, the problem turns out to be a firewall, the team BullGuard has something to do with it,

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 318

Posted 7/17/2014 1:32 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall causing high CPU usageAlert an admin about: Firewall causing high CPU usage
Hello Mike, please note that there is already a thread open regarding this issue.
I will kindly ask you to join us rather than opening a new one.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

ludwinas

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 7/22/2014 9:11 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall causing high CPU usageAlert an admin about: Firewall causing high CPU usage
Hello,

I'm having the same problem and I hear there is already a thread open, but I can't find it. Could I get a link?

thanks,

Laura

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 318

Posted 7/22/2014 1:48 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall causing high CPU usageAlert an admin about: Firewall causing high CPU usage
Click here .

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

rv1979

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 7/22/2014 9:01 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Firewall causing high CPU usageAlert an admin about: Firewall causing high CPU usage
bullguard!
the question was can we as bullguard PAYING customers roll back to an older version because YOUR current version is rubbish! you are leading us all up the garden path sending us to websites to try to get to the bottom of OUR pc faults.
ITS YOUR NEW VERSION causing problems for all of us. put a patch out to fix it please, were not all geeks and know how to do all the so called repairing/studying of bar graphs!

New Topic Post reply to : Firewall causing high CPU usage Printable version of : Firewall causing high CPU usage

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, November 01, 2014 11:54 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,719 posts in 13,337 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36615 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, GautierBilly.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
How do I safely remove trojan SysWOW64 (0)11/1/2014 12:16:19 AM (kbstinky)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (20)10/31/2014 1:28:48 PM (klimek69)
Cheap Kitchens Newcastle (0)10/31/2014 11:45:29 AM (wayahpanas)
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)