BullGuard
Close
00: 00: 00: 00
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Close
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!! Printable version of : Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

HCSCarrick

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 3

Posted 1/24/2013 2:46 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!Alert an admin about: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
Hi,

I am selling my laptop.

I want to create a new user, for the person that I am selling too and install the 2 months free option.

I have uninstaller and reinstalled Bullguard but it remembers the detail, somewhere in the registry, I assume.

How can I create a new user, without having to reformat the hard drive Please?

Thanks,Sam. :p

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 290

Posted 1/24/2013 10:50 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!Alert an admin about: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
Since no one has yet answered your question I would suggest you email: mail@bullguard.com.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 515

Posted 1/25/2013 12:59 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!Alert an admin about: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
Dickens is right. You need to contact Support either by Live Chat or e-mail and let them know about this. Give them your old username and they will help further.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

HCSCarrick

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/25/2013 1:17 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!Alert an admin about: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
Thank You for the replies!

Sadly, I have done both without success.

Andreea,

I tried last night whe you were on the live chat - I got a connection but it continually timed out and said, 'attempting to reconnect'...it never did!

I then sent an email to support@bullguard.com - I am still waiting for a reply!! jumpin

I can understand 'someone' might think I am trying to get another 2 months free - but - if you check out my website ( samskelly.com), you will see that I run a small computer repair company as a hobby.

I actively PROMOTE Bullguard, by installing it on every computer that I repair - I then ensure that they buy a years licence from a reputable reseller.

I DONT want to have to format this computer, when I sell it on - I simply want to give the customer ( friend) a 2 months Bullguard trial and THEN they will come back to buy the Years subscription.

Hope this message gets noticed, my attempts at contacting Bullguard dont seem to be! yeah

Thanks Guys,

Sam.

Post Edited (HCSCarrick) : 1/24/2013 10:19:43 PM GMT

HCSCarrick

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/27/2013 12:34 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!Alert an admin about: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
Hello Folks,

Anyone prepared to assist me with this please?

Everyone knows that either a system reformat or an image restore 'without' bullguard, will give me the same result - however, as a loyal Bullguard customer and supporter, I'm not going to do something that 'shoots myself in the foot' tongue

I am assuming that the detail is in a hidden registry file, so can I simply find it and delete it?

I would appreciate even a pm to say, 'you wont get this type of information Sam nono ' then, I can stop asking!

Thank you for reading,

Sam

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 515

Posted 2/1/2013 3:23 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!Alert an admin about: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
You should not reformat your computer. A supporter will help you and create the account for you.

If you do not receive a reply, which is unusual, just PM me with the e-mail you want the account to be under and I will create it for you.

Cheers.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

HCSCarrick

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 2/1/2013 10:32 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!Alert an admin about: Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!
Thank You Andreea turn

Ill do that when I get my next new person a computer or make a repair.

Sam. lol

New Topic Post reply to : Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!! Printable version of : Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, April 20, 2014 7:19 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,361 posts in 13,272 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 9 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35768 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, kresek.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Internet connection intermittent (10)4/20/2014 10:26:47 AM (wafu)
Safe Results while surfing no longer show (15)4/18/2014 10:05:11 AM (DCR)