BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR? Printable version of : How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Charliebrown

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 7

Posted 8/10/2010 2:49 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Hi there, I have just got Bullguard and so far think it is very good. For many years I had AVG and last switched to Kaspersky but found it troublesome and put a strain on my System so I thought I would give Bullguard a try and so far so good. It doesn't seem to use much of system when it is scanning and seems to be catching most nasty bugs.

But can anyone help with this problem. How do I configure Winrar to scan with Bullguard?
At the moment, I have WinRar set up like this:-

Virus Scanner Name C:\Program Files\BullGuard Ltd\BullGuard\BgScan.exe

Virus Scanner Parameters "%f"

Is this right? because when I scan the download file within WinRar the scan is very very quick about a couple of seconds and when I used AVG and Kaspersky it took much longer and in fact Kaspersky used a Dos file to scan the document I had downloaded.

Can you Help.................Please?

Thank You

Charliebrown

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 8/10/2010 8:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Anyone out there? Can you help with this query? Surely someone has used WinRar and configured it for Bullguard.....I'm sure I'm not the only one that has used it.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Post Edited (Charliebrown) : 10-08-2010 17:02:45 GMT

Charliebrown

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 8/21/2010 3:13 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Honestly Guys is there no one going to HELP?....is there a Moderator of this Forum? Is no-one going to answer my problem.........please please please......someone out there................even a Moderator............please answer this genuine query/problem.

Thank you

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 8/27/2010 8:56 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Unfortunately, i don't use Winrar. I will install it and get back to you with an answer.

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGUard

Charliebrown

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 8/27/2010 9:41 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Thanks Alvin......sorry for being a nuisance.

At the moment the Parameters I am using is:-

"%f"

but I don't know if this right or not. or whether or not the the Scanner name I am pointing it at is correct:-

C:\Program Files\BullGuard Ltd\BullGuard\BgScan.exe

Thanks again

Charliebrown

Post Edited (Charliebrown) : 27-08-2010 23:51:37 GMT

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 8/30/2010 7:49 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Try to add this path and tell me if it works: C:\Program Files\BullGuard Ltd\BullGuard\BullGuardScanner.exe

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGUard

Charliebrown

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 8/30/2010 10:15 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Alin, I tried that.......I really don't know if that works.

What happens is that a dos type screen appears with an address "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" and then about 20 seconds later it says "press any key to continue".......I thought it might have said that it has checked the files and finds no virus's and then said press any key to continue........but maybe that is the way it is set up to scan.......I don't know!!!!

Do you think that is it scanning the files when that screen appears? Is that it now working? confused

Thanks again for your help

Charliebrown

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 9/3/2010 10:36 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Alin

Have you had time to look at this problem and report? Is it now working and now correctly scanning the files (even though it doesn't state it has scanned the files).......your answer would be much appreciated.

I have bought two further editions of Bullguard AV for my two daughters Laptops as I find it a very good, light and easy Anti-virus Application to work with but I do need to know if this problem is now solved or are there some adjustments that Bullguard themselves need to do to make it work correctly.

Thanks

Alex S.

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 58

Posted 9/3/2010 4:15 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Hi Charlie,

The usage you mentioned in the first post is correct.

However, WR will not scan the files automatically - you'll need to tell it every time you wish the archive to be scanned.

That means you need to open the archive, then go to Tools - Scan archive for viruses and press OK.

We don't have a switch to make the scan silent (to display the end pop-up only if an infection was found), but we'll have one soon.

Alex Sarchiz
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Alex S.) : 03-09-2010 13:20:25 GMT

Charliebrown

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 9/3/2010 8:45 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?Alert an admin about: How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?
Thanks Alex for replying so quickly.

Now just to check I have got this right, I configure WinRar like this:-

Virus Scanner Name C:\Program Files\BullGuard Ltd\BullGuard\BgScan.exe

Virus Scanner Parameters "%f"

and then I open the archive, then go to Tools - Scan archive for viruses and press OK.

Which is what I have already been doing! So the very short time of scanning is correct? (a couple of seconds.....very very quick)

Thanks again for your help

Charliebrown

New Topic Post reply to : How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR? Printable version of : How do you configure Bullguard within WinRaR?

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:13 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,687 posts in 13,331 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 23 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36548 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, nudey.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (23)10/23/2014 4:02:12 PM (Deb1957)
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)