BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Internet connection intermittent

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Internet connection intermittent  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Internet connection intermittent Printable version of : Internet connection intermittent
38 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 66

Posted 4/16/2014 8:53 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
moved to my own topic, having intermittent internet connection, i have ran a malwarebytes scan, came back clean, my on/off connection problems lasts the whole time i'm online cycles every 30 secs or so, both with firefox & internet explorer, just a tad frustrating shakehead also getting bullguard freezing/not responding when checking settings etc, any help finding and curing this would be gratefully received

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 306

Posted 4/16/2014 9:18 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Firstly, have you contacted your internet service provider?

There may be a problem with your line or a fault with your router.

Meanwhile, if you have not done it before, switch off your router for a few minutes and see what happens when you switch on again.

Are you running more than one real-time antivirus products?

Post Edited (Dickens) : 4/16/2014 7:21:42 PM GMT

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/17/2014 5:55 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
hi Dickens, had the line checked by isp, it was my 1st call when problem started,, line was tested, nothing found wrong, only 1 a/v suite- bullguard, this is a 2nd router i'm using albeit same make model as before, tried s/w off/on router, no difference, think i'm going to get back onto isp see what if they can help me run another test, but any other suggestions will be welcome

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 4/17/2014 7:32 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Try the steps from this guide and see if you can narrow it down: support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, try and see if disabling BullGuard (one plugin at a time: Antivirus, Firewall and closing the entire application) does anything to improve the situation.

Let us know of the result.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/17/2014 8:59 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Thanks Andreea, for your help, i have followed the clean boot instructions, and had no interruption to connection, monitored over a number of minutes, i then updated flash player and java to latest versions successfully something i couldn't do up to now, due to my lack of a stable connection? when i went back to normal start up, the interruption problem has returned, when i have more time over the weekend, i will try to narrow down which program is causing it, should i enable each program in turn until it faults again ?

many thanks

Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/18/2014 12:40 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
You are most welcome Ian!

Unfortunately, yes, you need to enable one program at a time, until you find out which one causes the issue.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/18/2014 9:27 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea...update
i have narrowed the fault cause down to my Belkin router tray application, C:\ Program files\Belkin\router setup and monitor\belkinroutermonitor .exe'' startup by disabling it in the start up tab of the system configuration utility, i have a perfect uninterrupted internet connection, smilewinkgrin
though not yet tried, wondering about a re-install to see if this will cure it permanently

also found during the fault finding process, (i wondered if my epson printer was the cause after a recent update) i have a side issue with the software, it will not uninstall, after selecting uninstall, error message of ''set-up exe has stopped working'' and the error details below for epson easy photo print 2 software
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: _isF98C.exe
Application Version: 12.0.0.58855
Application Timestamp: 46d48420
Fault Module Name: _isF98C.exe
Fault Module Version: 12.0.0.58855
Fault Module Timestamp: 46d48420
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001ec42
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: c389
Additional Information 2: c3896a8ba96ec2d449ed39bd102ae71d
Additional Information 3: 4e56
Additional Information 4: 4e565924577ecac4d7a23bb16c824a43
starting windows installer and trying again, only gives the same error/messages!
Thank you for your help so far, at least i have a stable internet connection to be very thankful for tongue

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/19/2014 10:16 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
I am glad to hear that we are making progress.

The second problem usually has to do with either Windows Visual C++ Redistributable (2005,2008,2018 or 2012) or with . net Framework (1,2,3,4,4.5). One of these has an issue.

What I would start with is a system self scan:
1. Go to Start and type CMD.exe in the search field. After you type that in, wait for a few moments and, when CMD.exe is displayed in the list above, right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".
2. In the black CMD window type the following and press Enter:
SFC /SCANNOW
3. Wait for CMD to be finished and reboot the computer.

If this doesn't help, you need to try re-installing Visual C++ Redistributable and .net Framework, but this can cause problems if you don't do it right, so after the sfc scan, if the issue persists, tell me if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit system type and which version of Windows.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/19/2014 10:25 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
update...... with settings for a normal start up, with the belkin tray application (which i found to be the cause of my problems) included.... my connection problem has disappeared! no more interruptions! (so far over the last 2 hrs at least) not been reinstalled or anything! weird shocked i await to see if it returns??

just finished running the sfc/ scannow and it reported that 'windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations'.

i have windows 7 professional 32 bit
once again thank you Andreea

Ian

Post Edited (wafu) : 4/19/2014 8:52:50 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/19/2014 2:22 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Ian, I had a little more time to look into this and, before getting into any complicated procedures, I recommend that you contact Epson Support. Ask them for the uninstall tool they have for their programs (I couldn't find a download link for it). This should solve the problem without having to meddle in the system, which is always dangerous.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/20/2014 12:26 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Thanks Andreea, i will contact epson and update you on any progress, pleased to report that internet connection still remains connected- with no interruptions

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/23/2014 12:23 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
update,
Epson Easy Photo Print:
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=emW65r3CP2HOa66BQqU002Fyr895Bq1r7hiTDWVWnC8EN1MU003D&id=323798

Epson Event Manager:
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=emW65r3CP2HOa66BQqU002Fyr895Bq1r7hiTDWVWnC8EN1MU003D&id=325688

epson advised clearing the windows temp folder, which i did, and then use above links to re-install photo print 2 the re-install process halts and closes when it detects that there is an existing installation of photo print 2, they have now advised me to contact microsoft or my pc vendor for help....

''as the add/remove program option gives the 'setup.exe has stopped working' error message this indicates a possible issue with the Windows operating system. We would recommend therefore to contact your PC vendor or Microsoft directly to resolve this error before removing Epson Easy Photo Print and attempting the reinstall''

a similar issue with my epson event manager software not uninstalling, (which i discovered after original posts) will now uninstall/reinstall after using the link sent as above
what next?? any help i will be grateful

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/23/2014 7:35 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
The "We would recommend therefore to contact your PC vendor or Microsoft directly" is a standard reply, when software should be working and it's not, because it is, true most of the times, a Windows issue. I fear that your issues are with those Windows components I told you about earlier, but was hoping the issue would be solved with the proper uninstall tool, so you can at least get rid of the remnants, for a clean reinstall. They gave you the reinstall links, which you can find yourself. Try to reply and ask them for an uninstall tool.

If they don't have one, then we are left with having to repair the issues directly. Which leads me to my next question. What form of system recovery to you have? Do you have a CD, or a recovery partition?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/23/2014 8:14 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea

i will try to ask again for a removal tool, and i agree that it looked like a standard reply, and to answer your question, i have a recovery partition

Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/25/2014 12:31 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Follow the steps from this guide www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

First try Startup Repair. If this doesn't solve the issue, then try a System Restore to a point before that update you told me about for Epson.

Neither of these options affect your personal files in any way, but please make sure you don't start running a "recovery/reinstall".

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/28/2014 8:22 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
thank you Andreea, for the link, sorry i've been busy of late, but will carry out instructions and update you soon

Ian

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/29/2014 12:34 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea,
just ran the start-up repair, it didn't find any faults, and therefore i still can't uninstall epson print 2, sadly a system restore date is not available before the 14/4/14, as when my problems started with the 1st belkin router, i used system restore to see if it would fix it.....

i know it's not the best way to uninstall any program, clutching at straws really, but if i try to delete the print 2 folder in the program files it tells me that a file/folder is open in another program, perhaps if could determine the file in use, then would it uninstall ?

Thanks
Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/30/2014 7:30 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Ian, the uninstall and repair is quite simple if you know what you are doing, but if not, then it can cause more harm than good. The reason I can not tell you what to do is because this needs to be done in real time, solving issues on the go, instead of taking some predefined steps, but let's try.

A. Stopping services and processes
Download Autoruns : technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
Run it and let it complete the scan (it will say ready at the bottom left when it has finished). Then go through each tab and look in the IMAGE PATH for each entry. Where you find Epson, uncheck the box of that entry (you can also delete them, but don't, so we can undo, if anything goes wrong). Be especially careful with any drivers and services.

B. Removing files
Once you have disabled anything Epson related, restart the computer and try to delete the files from the Epson folder (not the folder altogether). Skip the files that are in use, if any. Then restart the computer again. With luck, at this point, the remaining parts of the Epson installation will no longer start and you can delete the rest of the folder.
That doesn't mean we're done yet. Now you need to search the entire computer for Epson files, but while showing hidden files and folders. You should be able to remove the rest of the Epson files this way. However, if you are unsure if you should delete something, rename it instead (add a letter or number at the front of the original file name).

C. Removing registry entries
Once you got rid of the files, you can run CCleaner to remove the remnant registry keys: download.piriform.com/ccsetup413.exe

D. Repairing the system and updating it.
At this point, you will want to run SFC /SCANNOW again, just to make sure we did not damage anything system related. Also, run Windows Update and make sure you have all the updates installed (security updates for anything, any Windows relates updates and also any .net Framework updates).

E. Last but not least, try to reinstall your Epson software.

If you encounter any difficulties, stop. Then let me know where you have reached and the exact message you received.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 4/30/2014 5:45:25 AM GMT

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/30/2014 11:56 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Thanks Andreea for the reply,

have carried out all the instructions to remove all of epson from my pc, scary stuff but all has gone well, no trouble in removing epson files once 'unchecked' in autoruns, ran cc cleaner all registry entries removed, ran sfc scannow, it found as previously above 'windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations' checked for windows updates and no updates were found,
about to re-install epson software..... will update later

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 4/30/2014 12:23 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea, i

have re-installed the epson software, but as the software is still unchecked in autoruns, it will not launch the program, so i presume it's just a case to re-select all the epson software i unchecked in autoruns, reboot and hopefully all will be ok

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/2/2014 10:38 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea,

realise you have probably been busy elsewhere, but if you could let me know how to proceed with autoruns epson entries if i need to recheck the entries or delete them, i would be grateful

thanks

Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/2/2014 11:24 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Please re-check the autoruns entries you have unchecked previous to uninstalling/reinstalling Epson. Let me know how things go.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/2/2014 11:54 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea,

i have rechecked the epson entries, still won't launch the photo print/event manager programs and refers to the old files previously deleted in the above 'step B' process, and on further exam of the epson entries in autoruns, it states that the event manager file is not found.... sorry i missed this fact before
do i need to start again with the A-D instructions but delete the autoruns epson entries before reinstalling the software in a 'clean' environment ??

thanks

Ian

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/2/2014 12:13 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andeea further update,

only just looked through program files and i don't have an epson software folder, so as i still have the epson email links for event manager and photoprint, would installing these help or hinder??

Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/2/2014 7:01 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
I do not think you need to re-do the steps. Try reinstalling the software that is missing, without meddling with Autoruns for now.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Internet connection intermittent Printable version of : Internet connection intermittent
38 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, November 23, 2014 5:36 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,769 posts in 13,349 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 3 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36820 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, clairebutler.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Will the problems never end? (4)11/21/2014 8:06:59 AM (Deb1957)
Bgscan parameters (4)11/20/2014 7:17:53 PM (janis)