BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Internet connection intermittent

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Internet connection intermittent  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Internet connection intermittent Printable version of : Internet connection intermittent
38 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 66

Posted 5/3/2014 10:07 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea

i have just installed event manager, when i try to install photo print and it tells me it is already installed and closes! when i look through my computer at the program files there is the epson software folder but no photo print folder/files there, but it is listed in the control panel add/remove programs???

i used the event manager link sent by epson, and not my supplied cd, and of course if i try to uninstall photo print, it gives the same error message as before and closes

i do still have all the deleted files in the recycle bin, incase they were needed to reverse any of the above procedures, so should i empty it? but surely it's not causing this latest problem

sorry but what now?

Ian

Post Edited (wafu) : 5/3/2014 9:10:54 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 5/4/2014 7:36 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Since you still have the files in the Recycle Bin, try finding the folder with Photo Print ONLY and see if restoring it makes a difference. If not, then you did not properly remove everything prior to uninstalling, so you have to go through the procedure again, but by starting with uninstalling everything that you can from Control Panel first (skip the ones that you can't uninstall).
Also, make sure that you remove any file that is Epson related (the Image paths column from Autoruns help tell you where to look for them), before you run CCleaner. CCleaner only removes registry keys that do not point to files that exist, rather than looking for programs that are not "installed" in Control Panel.

DO NOT install Epson again after this. Just let me know. I will ask you for a few logs, so we can be sure this time that we removed it completely, before re-installing.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 5/4/2014 5:39:06 AM GMT

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/4/2014 1:48 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Thank you for your reply Andreea

i have carried out your instructions, after uninstalling epson entries in the control panel, still have an epson net print entry listed in add remove programs, won't uninstall and gives the same error as photo print 2 and closes, i only found 3 entries for sure in autoruns, deleted epson files after showing hidden files/folders, cc cleaner and sfc scannow done, awaiting further instructions

Ian

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/11/2014 7:52 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea

any further thoughts on how should proceed ??

Ian

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/14/2014 10:27 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea

hope you got my pm reply, let me know when you are ready for the next stage

Many Thanks

Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/15/2014 2:26 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
I did not get your PM reply, unfortunately. Could you please re-send?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/15/2014 10:39 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea-Luciana Ostache

not having much luck sending a pm to you unsure as to why??, due to other things happening over the next few days, unlikely i can do anything until later, i will post again when i am ready for the next stage

Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/15/2014 11:48 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
As the message I sent you said, I am not working this week, so that's fine. We will pick up when you are ready.

Good luck with whatever is happening!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/18/2014 3:58 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Hi Andreea

just to say back and ready when you are for next phase,

Ian

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/20/2014 6:49 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
I will be working from 8PM GMT+1(or BST) (or 9PM CET), on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Contact us and ask for me.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/20/2014 5:50 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
Thurs looks best at the moment but if i can live chat before then i will do so ok

Ian

wafu

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 5/22/2014 11:31 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
this topic has now been resolved Yay!! many many thanks to Andreea for her knowledge and patience in fixing my problem software :p lol tongue

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/22/2014 11:36 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Internet connection intermittentAlert an admin about: Internet connection intermittent
For anyone else experiencing this issue, we had to manually remove all Epson entries from the Registry, in order to be able to re-install the Photo Print. We also manually removed all Epson folders from Program Files > Common Files, Program Files and Program Data on Windows 7.

The uninstall tool from Epson was not running. The software was already uninstalled, so the remaining registry keys were the only issue. As soon as we got rid of those, all was well.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Internet connection intermittent Printable version of : Internet connection intermittent
38 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, December 21, 2014 1:42 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,822 posts in 13,360 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36997 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MosQuiTos007.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads