BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days? Printable version of : Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

TrevUK

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/2/2012 3:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?Alert an admin about: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
Hi
First post here
I'm trying to access a document I have stored on my online back up drive, but keep getting a message telling me that

Your account is currently down for maintenance.
We apologize for the inconvenience

I have engaged with the chat support team several times who are not really very helpfull other than saying keep trying, but the last guy told me that this maintenance may take 30 days!!

Surely this can't be right??

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 10/2/2012 9:51 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?Alert an admin about: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
Hello Trev.

We are currently doing some upgrade and maintenance work on our Backup Servers and some of our users may be inconvenienced by this. The operation may take us until the end of October to complete.
However, not all users will be affected and you should only be having difficulties accessing your data when our work reaches the section of the Online Drive that you are using. You should be able to use your backup normally afterwards.

Please contact the support team again if you continue to experience difficulties.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Larkone

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/7/2012 4:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?Alert an admin about: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
This is appalling - no notice, no service status updates and when I contacted support they did not know about this - communication is everything. I am sick and tired of the backup service and all of the problems associated with it and I cannot rely on it. I will not be renewing this service for the eight machines we have.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/8/2012 12:35 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?Alert an admin about: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
We are very sorry to hear of your decision Larkone, but we do understand that you need to protect your own best interest. We wish you all the best with your future endeavors!
I will send your feedback to our management for consideration.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Larkone

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/8/2012 11:48 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?Alert an admin about: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
What I am most upset about is that you started the maintenance without any warning to your customers. Backup is there to protect live data and any interruption to the service puts customers data at risk. Basic Service Management procedures mean that should at least warn customers in advance this is going to happen so they can put alternatives in place to protect their new data that is not getting backed up. I have 8 machines at risk because of your cavalier attitude to customer service and I am having to perform manual local backups for the next month because of the sporadic reliability of the Bullguard service - one that I am paying for.

ARE YOU GOING TO CREDIT YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR THE MONTH THAT THIS MAINTENANCE IS GOING TO TAKE THAT THEY ARE PAYING FOR AND NOT GETTING THE FULL SERVICE?

Post Edited (Larkone) : 10/8/2012 8:49:24 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/8/2012 4:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?Alert an admin about: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

However, as I have written above, the maintenance work we are running should only affect an account for a few hours, not the entire period. The backup should be running normally in the meantime, before and after our work reaches your section of the online drive.

Since you are having issues, it means that there your account is affected by something else and not the maintenance work. Please contact our Support Team for troubleshooting at your convenience.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/13/2012 5:09 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?Alert an admin about: Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?
You will be glad to know that the maintenance has finished. If you have any more difficulties with your backup please contact Support for troubleshooting.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days? Printable version of : Is the Online BackUp Drive really down for 30 days?

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, August 02, 2014 7:33 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,536 posts in 13,311 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 7 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36201 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, hidemyip.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
2014 the year of music in winnipeg (0)8/2/2014 2:42:15 AM (alice019)
2010 sonoma grape harvest starts monday (0)8/2/2014 2:41:59 AM (alice019)
A dual quest john and elizabeth edwards see (0)8/2/2014 2:41:36 AM (alice019)
A new front for gun background checks (0)8/2/2014 2:41:13 AM (alice019)
A winning start for pailan arrows (0)8/2/2014 2:40:54 AM (alice019)